CHAPTER SEVEN: THE CRESCENT ISLAND

AANG HAD DRAGGED HIS SISTER AWAY AFTER HE BROKE THE NEWS TO THE TEAM. He was tugging on Appa's reins, the Bison refusing to budge.

"Look, I'm sorry, but Katara and Sokka aren't coming to the Fire Nation with us. If they get hurt, I'd never forgive myself." Aang's expression fell and Arin sighed as she rubbed her face. "So get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" He yelled at the Bison, Arin flinching from his loud outburst.

"I think his big butt is trying to tell you something," Sokka said as Aang fell to the ground, failing to move Appa. The siblings looked to the Water Tribe siblings and the rest of the village.

"Please don't go, Aang. The world can't afford to lose you to the Fire Nation Neither can I." Katara whispered with an emotional gaze. Arin pursed her lips as she looked at her brother. Aang had a point, they couldn't put the siblings in any more danger than they already had, but they couldn't just abandon them in a random village either.

Aang thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means. I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the solstice. That's today!" Aang air bent onto Appa's head and Arin gave the siblings a sentimental look before jumping into the saddle.

Appa began to walk forward but Katara and Sokka ran in front of the beast.

"We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, Aang."

"At least not without your friends." Sokka put a hand on his hip and Arin smiled. "We got your back." He then crossed them with a smile. Aang, finally giving in, smiled as well. Appa gave Sokka a giant lick of affection to which he groaned in disgust.

"It's a long journey to the crescent island. You'll have to fly fast to have a chance of making it before sundown." The village head handed a box to Arin. "Good luck." He looked before the airbender siblings who nodded in gratitude.

"Thank you for your-" Aang tried to thank him but he yelled at him to go now. Katara and Sokka climbed onto Appa with Arin's help and they rushed off.

IT WAS EARLY MORNING, THE SUN RISING IN THE DISTANCE. Each teenager is on the lookout for the crescent island or any trouble that might show face in Fire Nation waters.

They had been silently looking out until Arin noticed a certain ship in the ocean a little way behind them.

"Aang, behind us!" She yelled out, each teen looking in the direction of her gaze.

"And it's gaining fast!" Sokka yelled as he noticed it too. Arin squinted and looked closer, something had come from underneath the deck.

"Fireball!" Katara yelled and Aang quickly turned Appa to the right, dodging the attack. "We have to get out of Zuko's range before he shoots another hot sticker at us!" The smell of the fireball clouded their senses and they plugged their noses.

"Can't you make Appa go any faster?" Sokka said to the young Airbender.

"Yeah, but there's just one little problem."

"A blockade." Arin stared at the array of ships in front of them.

"If we fly north, we can go around the Fire Nation ships and avoid the blockade. It's the only way." Aang looked back at the group.

"We don't have enough time," Arin told her younger sibling.

"This is exactly why I didn't want Katara and Sokka to come. It's too dangerous." Aang looked at his sister.