you're safe with us.

A loud inhale echoed in the room as Ryujin's heavy eyes opened abruptly. Confusion clouded her mind. Where am I? Her limbs felt like concrete, her body unresponsive as it lay on the mattress. Her gaze drifted around the room, trying to make sense of her surroundings. How did I get here?

With all her strength, Ryujin lifted her left arm, but everything felt heavy, like she was moving through thick fog. Eventually, her hand lifted off the bed, making its way up to her tired face. She rubbed her eyes and nose. As she opened her eyes again, she noticed the tubing connected to her arm.

What the fuck?

Before she could make sense of what was happening, the bedroom door opened.

"Yeji?"

The figure walked in, holding what looked like a bag of water.

"No, it's Lia," the scientist said absentmindedly before stopping in front of Ryujin. "Wait, you're awake?"

She groaned at the loud squeal coming from Lia "I think so."

"Let me change your IV bag first, then I'll let the others know," Lia said with a relieved smile, walking over to Ryujin's bedside.

The younger woman watched the scientist approach, her eyes trailed up to the bag of fluids above her, then down to the tubing running into her arm, which was bandaged up. But not the bite mark on her wrist.

Immediately, she covered it up with her left hand, hoping that Lia wouldn't notice. She couldn't have anyone, other than Yeji, knowing about her immunity.

"I already know," the older woman uttered calmly, catching Ryujin off guard.

A look of pure shock flashed in her eyes as she stared at Lia in disbelief.

Lia quickly reassured her, placing her hand on Ryujin's shoulder before changing out the IV bag. "We all know. We figured it out when you passed out in the mall."

Still in utter horror that her secret had been revealed, Ryujin slowly looked down at her wrist, revealing the scabs that had peeled off, showing the new skin forming beneath. In due time, it would scar. All of them had.

"How... how long have I been out for?" Ryujin mumbled, her voice deep and husky from who knows how long since she had last spoken.

The scientist hummed as she adjusted the bag on the coat rack, making sure that there were no air bubbles in the tubes. "About less than a week."

That long?!

Ryujin blinked frequently, trying to clear her mind. How could she have been so careless to let herself get into this situation? The pressure of her secret being exposed felt suffocating, even.

"I'm gonna get the others, okay?" Lia's voice pulled her back to the present.

The dark-haired woman nodded silently, unable to find the words to respond. She watched as Lia hurried out of the room to inform the rest of the team, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

What could have happened in the time that I've been out?

What is going to happen to me now that they all know?

What is going to happen to Yeji?

Her brain was filled up to the brim with questions, and uncertainties until the sudden call for her name snapped her back to reality.

"Ryujin?!" The voice was familiar, the type of comfort which engulfed her.

Her eyes darted to the woman bursting into the room. God, she was a sight for sore eyes. Her dark, shimmering eyes, her parted lips, and her wavy dark hair danced in the air as she ran to her bedside.