this love is divine.

Don't read this in public :]

It was perfect. 

Everything seemed to be looking up for Ryujin—though it wasn't like things hadn't already been improving since meeting Yeji. Before Yeji came into her life, each day felt daunting. She lived each day in solitude, sleeping in the car, fending for herself with no one by her side, always wondering if each day would be her last.

But now, those treacherous thoughts felt so distant.

Weeks had passed since that conversation with Yeji about Heejin (and since they replaced the solar panels—they worked perfectly). Yet, despite Yeji seeming more relaxed around her now, it still lingered in the back of Ryujin's mind.

Not because she had lingering feelings for Heejin or saw Yeji as a replacement. No, Ryujin wanted to prove to Yeji that Heejin was simply someone from her past who had helped her grow as a person, at a time when her life had just begun.

"Have you ever been in love, Ryu?"

Ryujin glanced at her friend as they reclined on the hood of her Evo. "Can't say I have," she replied, her gaze drifting up to the stars above.

Heejin smiled, releasing a puff of smoke into the night air. They had just completed a supply run and opted for a brief break before returning to camp.

"What's your definition of love?"

Ryujin paused, contemplating her response, searching for words that would convey her thoughts maturely.

"It's... someone who makes you feel warm even on the coldest nights," Ryujin began slowly, her voice blending in with the crickets chirping. "Someone who understands you in a way that no one else does, who sees your flaws and loves you despite them. It's a connection that goes beyond words, where you feel completely at ease in their presence. When you have them— It's all you'll ever need."

The older listened intently, nodding as Ryujin spoke. "That sounds beautiful," she remarked softly. "Do you think you'll ever find it?"

She glanced over at Heejin, a small smile playing on her lips. "I hope so," she replied sincerely. "Someday."

Curiosity sparked in Ryujin's eyes as she turned to Heejin. "What about you, Heejin? What's your view on love?"

Heejin smiled, her eyes shimmering with a distant memory. "It's like being connected to someone on a level that's beyond words. You feel sparks, electricity, just from their touch. It's like the universe aligns when you're together, and everything else fades away. It's divine."

Ryujin playfully nudged her in the ribs, "You mean like our little session in the backseat earlier?"

In response, Heejin flicked her on the forehead, "Not quite, brat. Well, maybe a bit like that... But with someone you truly love, it's on a whole other level."

Since then, Ryujin pondered if she'd ever stumble upon a love as enchanting as a hidden treasure. Then along came Yeji. Every embrace, every tender kiss, every shared moment felt akin to frolicking through a meadow of dandelions, like hearing her favorite melody at just the right instant, like feeling the gentle touch of rain on her skin when life's burdens grew too heavy.

She yearned to show to Yeji that come what may, her heart was steadfastly tethered to hers. That despite any distance separating them, the unseen threads of destiny would unfailingly reunite them time and again.

"So then when she dropped her ring into the tuba, her hand got stuck when she was trying to get it out– You're in your head again, aren't you?" Yeji said softly, lowering the volume on the stereo.