third party.

"Okay, would you rather... zombified Cate Blanchette or Jodie Comer?"

The young driver quickly shifted her attention from the road to her passenger, unsubtly judging her. The sun was rising and the pair were returning home after their thorough supply run from a distant town. In order to pass time, the older woman decided to instigate rounds of 'Would you rather?" questions against her partner's will.

"Why are they zombies?"

"Yuna, it's just a hypothetical question. Just answer it."

"Am I fighting or fucking them?"

The fox-like woman's mouth gaped open in shock, "Who said anything about fucking?!"

The raven-haired woman's hands loosened from the wheel, quick to defend herself. "I don't know! That's why I'm asking!"

Before the other could retort, Yuna spotted a dark grey sports car pulling out in front of them with a red pickup truck with people sitting in the back following close behind. She instinctively slowed down, maintaining a relatively safe distance from the vehicles.

It wasn't often that they would encounter strays. However, something in her gut told her there was something suspicious about them.

"Tail them," The passenger said autonomously, her eyes never leaving the cars.

Their black SUV followed them and ensured they were out of sight. After following them for a couple of kilometres, they pulled over beside the railway tracks. Yuna gestured to her partner to take surveillance of the area.

"Watch what's going on."

Through her binoculars, the older woman's eyes widened in shock as she watched a group of teenagers pull two unconscious women out of the truck of the sports car.

"They've got two hostages– it appears that they are knocked out. It's hard to tell from here, but something isn't right about this," The fox-eyed woman mumbled, placing the binoculars into the glove compartment, "We should help them."

Reluctant, Yuna shook her head, "It's too risky, Chaer."

"And those girls are in danger," Chaeryeong replied sternly before hopping out of the car.

The younger sighed to herself, exhaling loudly through her nostrils, "Always the savior."

She reached over to the backseat and retrieved her black, custom-wrapped L115A3 sniper rifle before following after her friend. Slightly crouching, she stuck close to the older to a car parked opposite the entrance of the desolate train station. The duo immediately dropped down to the side of the rusty car to avoid being detected.

"I'll go in and take out the teens. You watch my back," Chaeryeong spoke in a hushed tone, peeking through the car window.

"Let me come with you."

"No," The older woman replied sternly, taking a long, anxious breath before locking eyes with the younger, "Can't risk both of us in there."

Yuna sighed before nodding.

"But, if you see those hostages in any form of danger, don't hesitate to pull the trigger."

Yuna faced her, the faint scar running from her right temple to her cheekbone became more prominent under the sunlight's golden glow. She shared a quick, silent nod before propping the bipod on the roof of the car and locked her eye on the scope.

The fox-like woman deeply exhaled before pulling up her dark bandana over her nose, mentally steeling herself for what was to come. Her veiny hands unsheathed her bowie as she moved stealthily toward the entrance.