ready or not.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!"

She frantically searched through the bedroom, desperately looking for some concealer. With no luck, she rushed into the bathroom to take a closer look at her neck. The red mark had already begun to turn purple.

"Ryujin..." Yeji muttered under her breath, running her finger over the bruise. She let out an airy chuckle, unable to believe that Ryujin had decided to mark her like that.

The others had brushed it off, mature enough to understand everyone had their needs. But she knew that if she returned to the rest of the group, there would be a certain someone who would unleash hell on them.

Opening the mirror cabinet, she found an assortment of products inside—medicine, skincare products, but most importantly, makeup. Yeji quickly sifted through the small jars, searching for anything she could use to cover the mark.

"Yes!" she whispered to herself, triumphantly grabbing the foundation.

Yeji quickly unscrewed the cap and began slathering the foundation over the mark on her neck. She layered it on thick. But despite her efforts, the purplish bruise still peeked through. Frustrated, she added more, trying to blend it with her natural skin tone, but it only made it more noticeable.

"Come on," she muttered under her breath, dabbing at the bruise with her fingers, trying to spread the foundation evenly. No matter how much she applied, the mark stubbornly refused to disappear.

She sighed heavily, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "This isn't going to work."

As she stood there, frustrated with her futile attempts to cover the mark, a shadow came from behind.

"Need help?" Yeonjun poked his head into the bathroom, startling her.

Yeji jumped, nearly dropping the foundation bottle, "Yeonjun, shit!"

"Sorry about that," he chuckled, then held up a white scarf. "I thought this might help."

The cat-eyed woman took the scarf, her cheeks flushing. "Thank you," she said, awkwardly wrapping it around her neck. It did a much better job of hiding the mark than the makeup had.

An uncomfortable silence hung in the air as Yeji fidgeted with the scarf. She knew she needed to apologize for her behavior ever since they met, but she didn't know where to begin. She also hated the idea that she had to confess that she was jealous of him.

But she had all the reasons to be—he was indeed handsome, with sharp eyes, perfect lips, and a bubbly personality.

He was just like her ex.

"I should've kept my distance," Yeonjun mumbled, looking down at the floor as he leaned against the door frame.

Yeji furrowed her eyebrows, mentally questioning the sudden response.

"It's been a while since I've encountered people around the same age as me, not just the people I see every day," he continued, fidgeting with his fingers. "So when I met you guys, it felt like finding new friends. People I could have fun with."

"Yeonjun, I'm sorry. I've been unfair to you, and it wasn't right."

"I get you, Yeji. Trust me, I do." He glanced up at her, "I never had any intentions beyond friendship–"

"I know, Yeonjun," she nodded, crossing her arms as she looked down. "I was just feeling scared and insecure. You're great, and I felt threatened, but it was all in my head. I've been carrying a lot of baggage from my past, and I guess it got the better of me."

Yeonjun took a step closer, his tone gentle and understanding. "I should've known my place. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I didn't mean to overstep any boundaries. I just wanted to be friends."