rule 1.

Rules for surviving a Zombie Outbreak.

Rule 1: Gather Supplies: stock up on essential supplies such as food, water, first aid kits, medications, and tools. Aim for non-perishable items that can last long.

Rule 2: Stay Fit: Physical fitness is crucial for survival in a Zombie Apocalypse. Regular exercise will help you outrun, take down zombies and maintain your stamina.

Rule 3: Team up: There is safety in numbers. Form a trustworthy group of survivors to share resources, provide protection and share responsibilities. Be cautious of accepting new members into your group, as not everyone may have your best interests at heart.

Rule 4: Stay Human: In a world filled with danger, it's essential to maintain your humanity—

"Ha. Stay human, fucking hilarious."

The survival handbook flew out of her numbed hand, falling to the floor with a loud thud. Guttural moans and shuffling footsteps hastily followed the sudden sound coming from beside her.

Sitting between the desolate aisles of the run-down supermarket, Ryujin leaned against a rickety shelf, her fingers wrapped around the neck of the last vodka bottle she had found. The harsh liquor burned on its way down her throat, a sensation that was almost comforting in the midst of the chaos surrounding her.

She turned to see several of the walking corpses at the end of the aisle, roaming and dragging their rotting limbs around in search of the living flesh they desired. The survivor chuckled dryly to herself, finding it humorous that they couldn't smell her scent.

Perhaps it was because of the virus coursing through her veins. It had yet to take over her immune system, to take over her body, stopping her heart and invading her brain to become a mindless monster.

A perk of being immune.

With another swig of vodka, she welcomed the numbness it brought. It was her way of briefly escaping the relentless horrors that God bestowed upon the world he created. Ryujin thought about it plenty of times, she thought that maybe the all-powerful, mighty Lord looked down on humanity just to find that his creations were riddled with sin; tainted by Satan's influence.

He feared what he had created.

Maybe in his eyes, he believed the only way to defeat evil was to start with a clean slate. It wasn't a difficult decision to make, he had done it before when he flooded the planet to rid everyone of their existence. No matter whether they were good or bad, they all suffered the same consequences.

It was also possible that he wanted to spare some lives. Just as he did with Noah, collecting two of each animal and keeping them in his ark before flooding the Earth. Ryujin was sure she was one of them as she watched the blood oozing from a scratch mark on her leg that was going to leave a nasty scar.

Typically, the average time for an individual to become infected from a bite would be an hour to a day, depending on the severity. She knew it all too well, witnessing it when her mother became infected on the outbreak day.

Ryujin had just driven home from high school and turned on the TV to watch her favourite afternoon shows, only for the channel to broadcast a national emergency of a virus spreading in London. She had watched her fair share of doomsday movies and shows to know that living in a highly populated area was the hotspot for imminent danger.

She couldn't just wait around and allow herself to become one of them, so she ran into the kitchen for weapons; a very expensive chef's knife that her father favoured. As she was about to run up the stairs to barricade herself, her father busted through the front door with her mother getting dragged in with blood pouring out from her neck.