scared.

All eyes were on them, whether they were walking downstairs for breakfast in the morning, cleaning their weapons in the garage, or returning from a bike ride around the neighborhood. It became a constant presence, almost suffocating at times.

The lack of privacy grated on them, with the only sanctuary being their bedroom. Initially, they slept in separate beds, hesitant to breach that intimate space. However, Seulgi intervened, joining their beds together when they were away.

Now, they enjoyed the most peaceful sleep they'd had in years. Ryujin would start the night as the big spoon, only to wake up as the little one—how that shift occurred remained a mystery.

But it granted her a front-row seat to witness Yeji's sleeping beauty. With half-opened eyes, she could trace the delicate contours of Yeji's face, from the slight pout of her soft lips to the gentle closure of her eyes, and the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest.

If her past self could see her now, that Ryujin, who once doubted the possibility of even forming a friendship with Yeji, would be utterly astounded that the once aloof, distant Yeji was now hers.. But it was an incomparable sensation, the best feeling she'd ever experienced. In her wildest dreams, she never imagined she'd be lying beside the woman she regarded as an angel, no, a goddess worthy of worship by all.

"Are you ever gonna stop staring?" Yeji's voice broke through the morning silence, drawing Ryujin from her reverie. Her eyes widened slightly, but a soft smile tugged at her lips.

"I have no intention of ever stopping," Ryujin whispered, snuggling closer to Yeji's warmth. "Good morning, Yeji."

Yeji's arms tightened around her, drawing her closer, and Ryujin melted into the embrace, feeling a sense of contentment wash over her. As she inhaled Yeji's scent, she felt a warmth spreading through her.

"Morning, Ryujin..." Yeji's voice was soft as she rested her head on Ryujin's shoulder. "Sleep well?"

"Better than I ever have before," Ryujin replied, a slight yawn escaping her lips.

They lingered in their embrace, savoring the moment, until a gentle knock on the door interrupted them.

"Stay quiet, I want to stay here a little longer," Yeji whispered, her voice barely above a murmur.

"Me too," Ryujin agreed softly.

"I know you two are awake, the walls are thin," Lia's voice sounded from the other side of the door.

Ryujin groaned dramatically, playing up her annoyance at the interruption. "What do you want?!"

"Are you two dressed? I don't wanna be traumatized looking at your naked as–"

"Fucking come in, Lia," Ryujin interjected, her voice laced with irritation, though there was a hint of amusement as Yeji started chuckling beside her.

The scientist entered with a mischievous smirk playing on her lips. "Good morning, lovebirds," she chirped, making her way to the foot of their bed. "You two are finally going to get some alone time."

"What, are you finally going to get a life?" Ryujin shot back, earning a playful slap on the arm from Yeji. Ryujin feigned hurt, glancing at her with mock indignation. "Ow... I was just kidding..."

Yeji rolled her eyes, but a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Behave, Ryujin," she scolded gently, though her tone held a hint of amusement.

Ryujin raised her hands in surrender, a grin spreading across her face. "Alright, alright. I promise to be on my best behavior... for now," she teased, earning another playful swat from Yeji.