what's the deal?

Sitting on the hood of the Camaro, Yuna smacked Lia's arm, hard.

"Why did you have to say that last part?!" Yuna raised her voice. "Now Lieut probably having a full-blown panic attack!"

Lia burst into a fit of maniacal laughter. "Exactly! The sooner she's out of the house, the more time the girls have to decorate!"

Yuna couldn't help but chuckle at Lia's twisted logic. "So... how do we explain the lack of a horde when she gets here?"

"Uh..." Lia blinked, her gears turning, but no answer came.

"You didn't think that far ahead, did you?" Yuna shook her head, exasperated.

Lia clapped her hands together. "Doesn't matter! What does matter is that Seulgi's on her way now!"

Yuna sighed, half-amused, half-annoyed. "God, you're an idiot."

The pair leaned back on the hood of the car, letting the sun's warmth soak into their skin. Lia glanced over at Yuna, her eyes lingering on the scar along the younger girl's cheek.

"It's fading, you know?" Lia remarked softly.

Yuna instinctively touched the scar, her expression caught between uncertainty and surprise. "Is it really?"

Lia nodded, her voice gentle. "Yeah, it is. You didn't notice?"

"I don't look at myself in the mirror much," Yuna admitted, her gaze shifting to the sky. "Chaeryeong found some cream for me. She's been putting it on my scar every night."

Lia scooted a little closer, her usual teasing tone absent. "I'm really happy for you guys, y'know? I mean, yeah, I fuck around a lot, but... I'm genuinely happy you found love, especially through all this."

"Thanks, Lia," Yuna smiled brightly. "I hope you'll find someone too—"

"I don't think I will," Lia cut in, her tone softening, drawing Yuna's attention back to her.

"What makes you say that?"

Lia shrugged, her usual playful energy fading. "I don't know," she admitted, her voice quieter. "Maybe it's just me. I've never been the type to take things seriously, and even before all this... people never really took me seriously either. It's just how I am, I guess."

Yuna's brow furrowed, a soft frown pulling at her lips. "You know that's not true, Lia..."

Lia shook her head, her voice low, tinged with frustration. "I know it's the truth. I fuck around with you guys, and deep down, I know I've probably pushed you all too far. I regret a lot of the things I say, wish I could take some of it back..."

Before Lia could continue, Yuna grabbed her hand, squeezing it tightly. "Lia, shut up for a sec." Her tone was firm, but warm. "Yeah, you talk a lot of shit, but that's what we love about you. You don't hold back. Yeah, it's annoying as fuck sometimes, but you're honest and you don't give a shit about what comes out of that mouth of yours. And in a world like this, we need that. We need your humor, your realness. Because if we didn't have that, all we'd have is this endless darkness. So please, don't change. We need you just as you are."

Lia blinked, caught off guard, "Yuna..."

Yuna grinned, squeezing Lia's hand. "What I'm saying is, there's definitely someone out there who would love you for exactly who you are. And, uh," she paused, giving Lia a teasing look, "they'd probably be more than happy to... you know... eat you out."

"I was joking!!"

"You weren't."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘