ain't no way.

As the fire burned down to glowing embers, Seulgi stretched and smiled at Hyunjin and Felix cuddling close to each other. "Thank you for letting us stay. I think we should get going."

The man with the deep voice glanced briefly at their leader before addressing the lieutenant. "I'm not sure that's a good idea. Better to wait until morning."

"Why?" Yeji asked, looking at Hyunjin with a confused expression.

Yeonjun kept his gaze fixed on the fire pit. "We have high traffic here. It's safer for you all to stay."

"What—" Yuna began, but Beomgyu immediately hushed her, pressing a finger to his lips.

Loud growls echoed from the streets, growing closer with every second.

Ryujin felt Yeji's hand tighten around her own. She gently caressed the back of Yeji's hand with her thumb, knowing it was one of the things that helped calm her.

"Let's head inside before they come to us," Hyunjin announced, helping Felix up and throwing an arm around his shoulder as they headed indoors.

All the women glanced at the lieutenant, still wary about whether they should follow. Seulgi surveyed the group and gave a nod.

"Stay sharp, okay?"

They all followed her into the house, where Yeonjun and Beomgyu were setting up thin mattresses on the floor of the living room. Hyunjin and Felix were gathering blankets and pillows for their guests.

Yeonjun looked over his shoulder with a sheepish grin. "Sorry, we don't have spare bedrooms."

"It's fine," Ryujin replied with a reassuring smile. The growling outside grew louder, catching her attention. She peeked through the blinds, catching glimpses of a horde passing by.

"We're safe in here," Felix's deep voice echoed from behind her as he stood beside her.

"Come over, guys!" Yeonjun called out.

Ryujin and Felix turned to see everyone scattered around the living room. Hyunjin and Seulgi were on the couch, discussing the security of the place, while the others were on the floor. Yuna leaned on Chaeryeong, watching Lia and Beomgyu exchange stories about recent zombie encounters.

Ryujin's gaze fell on Yeji, who wore a slight pout on her lips. She gently patted the mattress beside her, inviting Ryujin over. Without hesitation, Ryujin quickly found her spot next to Yeji, nestling into her side..

As dawn's first light filtered through the windows, casting a soft glow over the room, the group slept soundly, their exhaustion finally overtaking them. Yeji had buried herself into Ryujin''s chest, seeking the warmth that radiated in her. The younger's arms wrapped protectively around her as if shielding her from the world outside. The gentle rise and fall of Ryujin's chest provided a steady, soothing rhythm, lulling Yeji into a deeper sleep.

Hyunjin and Felix were entwined on the couch, Seulgi nearby with one hand resting on her gun. Yuna lay against Chaeryeong who held her close, murmuring softly in her sleep. Lia and Beomgyu were sprawled out across the mattress with Yeonjun sleeping close beside his friend.

When the sunlight grew stronger, Ryujin stirred slightly, her hand unconsciously tightening around Yeji, pulling her even closer. Yeji responded with a contented sigh, burrowing her face into the crook of Ryujin's neck.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Ryujin slowly woke up as the first rays of morning light seeped into the room. Her senses gradually awakened by the faint bubbling sounds of cooking in the other room. She shifted her gaze to Yeji, who was still nestled into her chest, her breathing deep and even.