(2). Sudden plan change

"Hello?" she spoke.

"Withdraw right now." the other side of the phone said.

Hearing the unexpected order, Ryujin's face hardened. She turned her gaze to the window as she pressed the phone to her ear.

"I think the party is going to go on for a little longer." she answered in a calm voice.

"The ex-girlfriend of the man had been a Korean model. When they had been dating, he poured out his money for her. However, after they broke up, there were rumors going around that he had demanded for his money back and even hired a lawyer." other side of the phone replied.

Ryujin wanted to ask, ‘Just what kind of bullshit are you spewing?’ However, just in case this man understood Korean, she held it back and kept her cover.

"Hail a cab and go straight to the airport. Once you’re there, someone will be waiting for you. Your flight is in two and a half hours, so hurry up."  added.

Ryujin bit the inside of her cheek. She wanted to scream out in anger, but she suppressed the urge and clenched her teeth.

"What do you mean? Father has suddenly become ill?" she said in a panicking voice.

"I’m telling you to stop what you’re doing and get out of there. Do you not understand" the other scammed.

She couldn’t accept the sudden change in plans. Additionally, the plan was even going as planned, so how could she quit now?

"Why are you suddenly being like this?" Ryujin's voice was laced with unexpressed rage.

"It’s Boss’s orders." the other side told her.

It was a short answer, but enough. She let out an angry curse. She felt the man next to her flinch. She wasn’t sure about anything else, but he certainly understood that curse word. Ryujin closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She managed to end the call after saying a few more pleasantries.

"I’m so sorry, but I think I need to head back." she said to the man beside her.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

The man looked at her in disbelief. Ryujin understood how he felt. But the person who felt the most frustrated right now was her. She had to let go of her prey.

"My parents said that something urgent has come up. I see you another time." As she indifferently muttered her excuse, she reached for the door handle. However, he quickly grabbed her wrist.

"It’s a shame for you to just leave like this." he said try to reason out to make her stay.

"You don’t know it, but I’m extremely upset right now as well." He had been irked by her tone of voice as she spoke to him.

If she wanted to catch that flight in two and a half hours, she needed to catch a taxi right this instant… and even then she might not make it. She snatched her hand out of his grasp. His anger began to show on his face.

"Are you joking?"

"I wish this was a joke, mister."

"Just a minute ago, you were seducing me like a hooker. Now just where do you think you’re going?"

Throwing away his gentleman’s facade, the man began to breathe heavily.

"Just drive."

He ordered the driver. The driver hesitated before taking his foot of the brake. He then began turning the steering wheel as they headed into an alleyway. The car steadily began to move.