(21). Shopping

The next day, when Ryujin woke up, she felt as if her body had been beaten to a pulp. She barely managed to open her eyes. Hyunjin was immaculately dressed as he sat at the table and drank his coffee from a to-go cup.

"When did you bring your clothes?"

"Last night, I asked General Manager Choi to leave a bag of my clothes hanging outside your door."

"I never heard you call him." Ryujin spoke with an awkward smile.

"I sent him a text. I was thinking about calling him, but since you seem to be such a light sleeper, Shin Joanne, I decided not to."

He wasn’t wrong. Ryujin was a very light sleeper. Especially when she was sharing a bed with somebody else. She was never able to completely relax, and she considered this to be something that just came with the job. If it were with any other man, she would have noticed when he left the bed, but she hadn’t been able to feel Hyunjin moving at all throughout the night.

‘It’s probably because I was so tired.’

She told herself that it was an incredibly persistent and fierce bout of sex. After consoling herself, she got into his car and they both went in to the office together. Thanks to a few cups of coffee, she managed to finish up her work. Ryujin was worried that he would take her up to her door again for repeat of last night. As if he read her mind, he drove her to her apartment and drove off with a refreshed expression on his face.

Feeling a deep sense of relief, Ryujin returned to her apartment alone. However, for some reason, she still couldn’t shake off the feeling that something was off. So that night, Ryujin stayed up searching around her apartment.

She thought that there was a huge chance Hwang Hyunjin had installed a surveillance camera or a listening device while she was asleep. She checked the bathroom mirror, the air conditioner, even the fire alarm on the ceiling. But she wasn’t able to find anything. The cellphone taped under the mattress was still there, and the equipment wrapped in plastic inside the toilet tank hadn’t been touched.

Still, something felt strange. So she threw away the cellphone given to her by Jaehyun. She thought things would get easier once she finally managed to sleep with Hwang Hyunjin. She was wrong.

Now she knew. He was a crazy man in bed, and instead of loosening his suspicions on the woman he slept with, he raised his defenses instead.

'I can’t show any weakness in front of him.'

If he caught her trying to copy data off his cellphone, the gun that had aimed for YongJoon’s heart would have instead been aimed at her head.

"Director, when did you arrive?"

"Just now."

Ryujin, who had been lost in thought, looked over at General Manager Choi as he bowed to Hyunjin. The man who had been in thoughts all this time was finally here.

Instead of the usual elegant black suit that he wore, he wore a more formal navy suit with a white handkerchief slightly peeking out of his left chest pocket. He was dressed for the founding party scheduled for today.

Hyunjin's outfit: