(8). Anxiety

"That’s only when it comes to sex." he replied.

He was now extremely close. She could feel his breaths against her forehead.

"I don’t mix business with pleasure. When a woman is in my bed, she never comes to work with me. I find it hard to focus."

"…That’s not my fault, is it?"

"You’ll find that life is quite unfair when you live long enough."

'Unlike the impression he gave off, his breaths were warm. He must normally have a high body temperature.' This thought popped into Ryujin's head as she drawled her response.

"You’re a picky boss, aren’t you, Director Hwang Hyunjin-nim."

"Yes. So quit now while you can."

He spoke as if he was giving her a last chance. Ryujin blinked her eyes charmingly.

"It doesn’t look like that’s the only reason you want me to quit. Am I wrong?"

"No. Good catch."

Ryujin lowered her full eyelashes and softly whispered.

"I will be good, sir."

"Your eyes."

She had deliberately lowered her eyes, but when she heard his words, she flinched and looked up. Hyunjin's expression was cold, and his eyes were blazing. He looked at her as if he’d pierce her soul. She felt as if she was being tied down by an invisible rope. As expected, he wasn’t a man who would surrender to mere temptation.

"I noticed this the last time we met as well, but you have a bad habit of leaving important details out, Shin Joanne. Just what are you going to be good about? If you aren’t specific, aren’t you worried that I may misunderstand?"

From past experience, Ryujin knew how men felt when they wanted her. Therefore it wasn’t difficult for Ryujin to guess that Hwang Hyunjin was worked up as he stood in front of her. She just couldn’t tell whether it was due to sexual arousal or due to a thirst for violence. Was he thirsty for sex or for the hunt? For Hwang Hyunjin, the two were extremely alike.

"If you’re saying those things intentionally, then you are clearly doing this on purpose." he spoke.

Ryujin felt that she couldn’t win him over by seducing him. Back at the squash court, he hadn’t shown his true self to her. He had deliberately only shown her a fraction of who he really was. Ryujin now remembered that Hwang Hyunjin was a level-headed buisnessman who held a high position in the powerful organization of YongSung. They committed crimes just as terrible as the ones committed by Serim. Maybe even worse. Either way, he was just like the rest of them.

"Do you remember my answer when you asked me why I had such an intense workout?" he asked her again.

He took out a Zippo lighter and lit a cigarette. He slowly took a drag. His cheeks sucked in, and the cigarette glowed. His eyes narrowed behind the gray smoke. He looked at her in the same way a predator looked at its prey. Ryujin swallowed, her throat dry, before speaking again.

"I remember."

"What did I say?"

"That you had a lot… piled up."

"And why was that?"

Ryujin licked her dry lower lip. She stared directly at him as she replied.

"You told me that you had a lot piled up because you haven’t had sex."

"Right. With my body in this state right now, having sex with you constantly for 2 nights and 3 days won’t be enough. I don’t want to see a woman like you running around me. I feel like shoving my dick inside you until you beg for your life with tears in your eyes."