(22). Just 'okay'

"Then shall we go? General Manager Choi has been looking at his watch for a while now." Hyunjin spoke to Ryujin.

"Alright."

Hyunjin lightly placed his hand on her hips. Even though he was only placing his hand there to escort her out, Ryujin felt as if her skin was burning as she felt his heat through the thin fabric of the dress. Ryujin quickly followed his steady strides to the parking garage.

"We’ll be departing now."

The car wasn’t the usual sedan that Hyunjin usually rode. This time, they were getting into a black van. The driver was already waiting inside.

"Is General Manager Choi going to follow us in a different car?" Ryujin asked.

"Yes."

At Hyunjin's affirmative reply, Ryujin asked another question.

"Why?"

"There’s a lot of people that follow my car around. If they catch on to me, I’ll have to take a detour."

Their conversation was short, and the car door closed shut. A silence settled inside the car. Ryujin glanced at him a few times before looking at the seat next to her. She finally spoke up.

"If I knew I was going to be attending today, I would have paid more attention to my makeup."

"You don’t have to pay attention. You look fine as it is."

Hyunjin was looking at his tablet as he replied. Were those empty words a compliment? She couldn’t tell because he was continuing to browse through the tablet with a serious expression. Ryujin changed the subject and asked an earnest question.

"Where is the founding party going to take place?"

"Bucheon."

Ryujin tilted her head. The company didn’t have anything to do with that town.

"We’re going all the way to Bucheon?"

"It’s best that we go to a place where we won’t be seen by a lot of people."

Hyunjin murmured in reply.

"If a bunch of gangsters in suits are gathered together, it will catch a lot of eyes."

This meant that they were being very careful with security for this event. It was understandable. The executives of KeumOh were meeting with the gangsters of YongSung in one place. Nothing good would come out of having this location leaked. Ryujin disguised her voice to sound nonchalant as she asked another question. Her eyes were full of curiosity.

"Does that mean we’ll be seeing the president as well?"

Hyunjin took his eyes of the tablet screen and looked at her. Ryujin didn’t look away from his sharp eyes and laughed innocently.

"He’s an incredible person. They say he doesn’t make a lot of public appearances, so I just wanted to know what kind of person he was."

"Today will be the same."

Ryujin swallowed back the disappointment that rolled over her. Even though it wasn’t a part of Jaehyun's mission, it was a part of hers. She wanted to meet Jackson Wang as soon as possible.

After being attacked by a gangster a few years ago, Jackson Wang now only met with a few select people that he trusted. And one of the few people that he met with was sitting right next to her. Hwang Hyunjin.

She thought that if she got closer to Hyunjin, she would be able to find a chance to approach the president. However, it looked like that was going to take more time. If she was going to have some pillow talk with Hyunjin, she needed to make him completely fall for her… But as she recalled their sexual intercourse from a few days ago, Ryujin let out a heavy sigh. Would she even be able to get Hyunjin to completely lose his mind?