(14). Dinnertime

"Are you feeling unwell?"

Hyunjin asked Ryujin in the car as they left the office. He was still looking straight ahead as he asked her. For a moment, Ryujin wasn’t sure if he was talking to her. She shook her head.

"No, sir. I’m fine."

"Your face looks thinner than usual."

Hyunjin turned his head and looked at her. He stretched out his large hand and touched her face. Taken aback, Ryujin closed her eyes and slightly pulled her head back.

"It’s not my face. It’s because your hands are too big."

"People are going to think our company starves their employees and forces them to work."

"I’ll take care of it."

"How?"

Hyunjin put his elbow on the car window and leaned his head on his hand as he asked. Over two weeks had passed since Ryujin had become his secretary at KeumOh. After the meeting with Choi HyunSuk, Ryujin continued to follow Hyunjin around as he moved through his daily schedule. However, after that late night call, he only treated her as a company employee.

"How will you take care of it? Are you going to hand me a report on how you’re going to go on a strict diet to lose some weight?"

Ryujin didn’t know how to respond as her mouth opened in confusion.

"Is that what you’d like me to do?"

"I’m joking."

Ryujin's pretty brows furrowed as she smiled awkwardly. When he saw that she was looking at him pitifully,

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Hyunjin asked.

"I’m only smiling because of your joke."

Hyunjin burst out laughing and blurted out.

"Shin Joanne."

"Yes, sir?"

"Do you want to share a meal with me?"

It was currently dinnertime, so this wasn’t an unusual question. Ryujin tried to figure out the true intentions behind his friendly behavior and cautiously nodded her head.

"Yes, sir."

"What kinds of food do you like?"

"I like everything. I’m not picky."

"How does Korean food sound? I like traditional Korean food."

"Alright."

Hyunjin ordered his driver to go to the Korean restaurant that he frequented regularly. The driver turned the car around with ease. Ryujin stared outside as her mind began to fill with thoughts.

2 weeks had already passed since she entered YongSung. Now, only one month was left before the business trip to Shenzhen, China. Two days ago, General Manager Choi had checked her passport information. This meant that there was a high possibility that she was also going to join them.

Because of this, Ryujin was trying not to disturb Hwang Hyunjin's mood until then. Ryujin's mission was to go to Shenzhen and follow Hyunjin to the lab. There, she would gather data and pass it over to Jaehyun. Jaehyun would then take that data and produce an even better product from the pharmaceutical company he had bought.

Of course, there was still a huge possibility that foreign companies would refuse to buy them due to the retribution they might receive from YongSung, so stealing the new drug samples was also part of the plan. Ryujin tried to glean any information about the new medical company as she worked in KeumOh, but that information was kept strictly confidential even within the company.