(7). Meet him again

Hyunjin was walking into his office when he suddenly stopped. His secretary was on maternity leave, and the woman sitting at her desk was looking up at him with wide, shocked eyes.

"...Who are you?"

Hyunjin stiffly asked the woman. General Manager Choi spoke up from his side.

"She is the new secretary that will be assisting you. She was recommended to us by Secretary Lee and has just finished her training."

Under his breath, the general manager murmured, "She doesn't look bad at all." Then he addressed the new secretary.

"This man is Director Hwang Hyunjin. You will be assisting him, Secretary Shin."

"I'll do my best. I'll be in your care, sir."

Ryujin lowered her head politely. Hyunjin's eyes narrowed as he watched her. She was dressed completely differently than when they had met at the squash courts three days ago. Instead of her light athletic clothes that made her seem like a bubbly college student, she was now wearing a tight skirt with a pink blouse.

Her outfit:

Her clothing accentuated her delicate waist and the curves of her bosom so well that they seemed to be made for her body

Her clothing accentuated her delicate waist and the curves of her bosom so well that they seemed to be made for her body. Her ankles above her high heels looked dangerously slender. After he thoroughly looked her up and down, Hyunjin began to speak.

"Why don't we talk in my office, Shin Joanne?"

Hyunjin said this so naturally that General Manager Choi didn't realize that Hyunjin already knew her name. Hyunjin disappeared into his office and Ryujin followed after him. The door closed firmly shut behind them.

"Since when?" he asked.

Hyunjin rested his elbows on the armrest of his chair and began to massage his temple. The air in the office suddenly became heavy.

"What do you mean?"

Ryujin stared at him with a bit of embarrassment evident on her face, but Hyunjin didn't give her the chance to refute.

"You approached me at the squash courts. Since when did you know who I was?"

"No one would approach their future boss like that on purpose, sir. If I knew back then, I wouldn't have acted like that towards you."

"So it was all just a coincidence?"

One time could be a coincidence, but not twice. From Hyunjin's experience, rarely did a person approach him without knowing who he was. At his mocking glare, Ryujin smiled awkwardly.

"I'm pretty unlucky."

"Do you think you're making sense right now?"

His low voice asked her slowly. His slow speech made her feel even more tense. Ryujin bowed so low that her silky hair almost touched the floor. She did her best to keep her voice calm as she spoke.