(16). Accident

Hyunjin took out his gun from the back of his pants in an instant. Hyunjin remained still, petrified from shock. Hyunjin quickly wrapped his arm around her head and covered her ears as he pulled her to his chest. Then he took aim and pulled the trigger.

Pew!

Even though a silencer was attached to the gun, the sound of the bullet splitting through the air could be heard clearly. Ryujin reflexively buried her body into the man's embrace. Even in the foggy weather, the bullet accurately hit the front wheel of the motorcycle. Losing its balance, the motorcycle shook precariously. Shocked, the driver jumped off the motorcycle and flew through the air.

"Ugh!"

Rumble, rumble!

Before the driver fell to the ground, the motorcycle lost its balance and began to charge straight for Hyunjin and Ryujin.

Shit!

Ryujin's eyes widened. They were going to get hit.

"Aaagh!"

Just as she was about to crawl away to avoid the crash, her body was roughly shoved to the side. Hyunjin took her in his arms and rolled them onto the dirt path. The motorcycle charged into a tree a few meters away and crashed loudly.

"Ugh!"

Debris flew over Hyunjin's head as he shielded Ryujin with his body.

"Haa... Haa..."

Still inside his arms, Ryujin looked up. She saw the driver toss his broken helmet to the ground and run away.

With a frightening expression on his face, Hyunjin aimed his gun at the driver. His eyes narrowed as he focused, and his thick arm tensed. When Ryujin saw the half-shaven head of the frantically running man, her eyes widened.

Pew!

Having recognized YongJoon, Ryujin grabbed onto Hyunjin's arm right as he pulled the trigger. The bullet dangerously grazed YongJoon's arm. He began to run even faster.

"Damn it."

Cursing, Hyunjin got up to chase after YongJoon. Ryujin could see General Manager Choi frantically run towards them from the direction of the restaurant.

"Are you alright?"

I'll leave Secretary Shin to you."

"No!"

Ryujin tightly grabbed onto Hyunjin's arm just as he was about to run after YongJoon. Frowning, he glanced down at her. Ryujin let out a loud cry.

"I-I'm scared!"

She could find out why YongJoon did such a ridiculous thing later. She knew for a fact that if Hyunjin ran after him, armed with a gun, it would only be a matter of time before YongJoon's corpse was discovered. If it was a bare-knuckled fight, YongJoon might stand a chance, but she could tell from just one look that Hyunjin was extremely skilled with the gun.

"What?"

She couldn't tell what Hyunjin was thinking from his expression as he asked. Ryujin looked up at Hyunjin, her eyes full of terror.

"I don't want to be separated from you, Director. I'm scared."

As she tightly gripped his arm, Ryujin's hands were damp with sweat. She wasn't telling a complete lie. She did feel scared. When she saw the motorcycle charging at them, she really did think that it would crash into her, and that she'd finally see her parents in heaven.

She couldn't calm her racing heart as her nerves buzzed. Her body was still in a state of shock. Hyunjin's face hardened as he looked at her with a terrifying expression. He then let out a short sigh.