(50). Anger

Vrrr.

Suddenly, the phone inside Hyunjin's suit pocket began to vibrate. It was an unknown number, but he felt like he knew who was calling. Hyunjin's dark eyebrows twisted.

"Hello."

"It’s me."

Hyunjin took a ragged breath when he heard Ryujin's voice. The hand holding the cellphone began to shake.

"…You, what are you trying to do?"

"I’m busy, so I’ll just get straight to the point. I’m on my way to Shenzhen right now. Once the date of the business deal has been determined, Jeong Jaehyun will take note of the situation and follow me to China. So far, he’s only sent one other person to keep watch over me."

"I asked you what do you think you’re doing right now!"

Hyunjin roared into the phone like a furious beast. General Manager Choi, who had been in the middle of a call as he stood in front of the corpse, quickly hurried over to the door and closed it so that none of the other employees could see what was going on.

His heart raced so fast that it felt like it was going to burst out of his throat. Unlike his voice filled with white, hot rage, Ryujin's voice over the phone sounded calm.

"All Superintendent Hwang has to do is follow everything according to plan. Once you secretly meet with the Chinese mafia and decide on the secret location, you said that the detectives will move in on site, right? That’s how you’re going to catch the YongSung head from Busan and the the Chinese police are going to capture the Chinese mafia. That was the plan."

"Did Jeong Jaehyun, that fucking bastard, send you to China?"

Hyunjin ignored her and began to girnd his teeth. Knowing Jeong Jaehyun, he wouldn’t put it past him to send a woman out on a dangerous mission.

"That fucking son of a bitch… That fucking bastard… I’m going to go and shoot him to death right now."

His true thoughts burst out of his lips without hesitation. There was a moment of silence before Ryujin replied.

"No."

"What are you talking about?"

"I’m the one who offered to go. Jeong Jaehyun didn’t send me."

"Fuck, why?!"

Hyunjin's bloodshot eyes trembled.

He definitely told Ryujin not to leave Korea. Because it was dangerous. 'Once Jeong Jaehyun left the country, I was going to extract her. So why? Why was she making me lose my mind? Why?'

"I’ll tell you the details when we meet."

He liked this answer. His rage was boiling inside of him like a volcano that was about to erupt, but he managed to suppress it. With a trembling hand, he held the phone up to his ear and murmured.

"I’ll go to you immediately, so don’t take another step. Don’t move a muscle."

"I’m getting on the plane in 5 minutes."

'Shit. She had already gotten past the security.' His twisted expression suddenly disappeared from his cold face. Ryujin lowered her voice even more and quickly spoke.

"In the pleasure district of downtown Shenzhen, there’s a bar called ‘Midsty’. I’ll be there."

[ Yep, I took that ‘Midsty’ word by combining Midzy and Stay lol...ok back to the story ]

"What?"

"I’ll be waiting."

The call ended. Hyunjin's hand trembled as it gripped his hair wet with sweat. It was his mistake believing Shin Ryujin would obediently follow his orders.