(54). Deal

Na Jaemin and his men shoved them into a car and dragged them off to somewhere nearby. For now, Ryujin was just glad that Hyunjin hadn’t stopped breathing.

Seeing how Na Jaemin had yelled at the lackey who had struck Hyunjin on the head, it didn’t seem like he wanted Hyunjin dead just yet.

'You just need to get your head on straight. Ryujin, get yourself together.'

Ryujin chewed on the inside of her cheek. Being a member of Serim, Ryujin had encountered dangerous situations countless times before. But she wasn’t stupid. She knew that the current situation was one of the most dangerous situations she’d ever been in. However, she couldn’t merely tremble in fear and await her death. Ryujin desperately tried to think of something.

"Move quickly. Quickly!"

The hand that pushed her back was rough. She heard a mixture of Korean and Chinese. The voices echoed, so she guessed that they were in a big building. She heard the sound of large machinery as well as the sound of running water. She also smelled something pungent. Ryujin frowned.

'Just where are we?'

Once they had arrived at this secluded location, her blindfold was taken off. She opened her eyes and could finally see the source of the foul stench. This place was a chemical fertilizer factory. The air was filled with the sound of conveyer belts, and a pile of packages with a logo stamped on them was stacked against a corner of the room. While the whole room was rinsed down with water, the stench of the fertilizer could not be washed away.

"What are you looking around for?!"

Once they passed through the production facility, they arrived at an iron door. When the door opened, Ryujin could smell the characteristically musty and moldy smell of a basement. She was pushed down the steps as she tried to clear her head.

The basement was filled with rooms that looked like bunkers. A door to one of these rooms opened. One of the men forced her into a chair and tied her down. Another man dragged someone else inside and threw them on the floor as if they were a sack of potatoes.

Hyunjin, whose eyes were blindfolded and whose hands were tied behind his back, twitched on the ground. Ryujin watched him and bit the inside of her mouth. A white cloth was wound around his head after he had been hit with the wooden beam. However, she could clearly see the red blood seeping through the fabric.

"Mm…"

Even though she was trying her best to remain calm, seeing Hyunjin again made her chin tremble. Ryujin regained her composure and clenched her jaw.

The Chinese men stepped away and watched them. One of them answered their phone and quickly left the room. Then the man who had raised a knife to her began to dust off his white suit as he entered the room, mumbling to himself.

'Ah, fuck. It smells like fuckin’ ass in here. It literally smells like shit.'

Ryujin tightly closed her eyes and began to sort through her tangled thoughts. The man who had attacked them after they exited the fast food restaurant introduced himself as Na Jaemin. If he was truly the Na Jaemin from YongSung that she had heard about, then he had a cat-and-dog relationship with Hyunjin.