(51). Midsty

68 hours later.
Shenzhen, China. Pleasure district.

The red lighting shone down in the dark bar. Now that it was closer to midnight, it was bustling with customers. The price to enter wasn't cheap, and it only served the best liquors, making it a luxury bar. The person sitting opposite of Hyunjin filled his cup to the brim with liquor and continued to speak excitedly.

("I heard bits and pieces of what happened in Korea. Things like that can happen when it comes to business between men. I don't think such a big deal needs to be made over something like that.") The man said in English.

[ Yeah.. so all these times in the story, they were talking in Korean language. Hope your understand.. Okk back to the story.. ]

Hyunjin smiled and tossed back the strong liquor he had been offered. He felt the aromatic liquor go down his throat and spread out through his nose and head.

("I apologize for any worries the disgraceful scandal may have caused.")

The man who was sharing drinks with Hyunjin was the leader of the largest cartel in China, Huang Renjun. With his origins in Macau, the organization had grown into a large mafia group that spread its influence by smuggling drugs.

Because their headquarters were thoroughly hidden and secured and because they alternated their activities between Hong Kong and mainland China, the law enforcement authorities had a difficult time catching them. The Chinese police force was frantically trying to find a way to apprehend them.

("Although it's unfortunate that the one in charge of this deal has been replaced in the middle of our trade agreement, as long as everything goes off without a hitch, it doesn't matter to us.")

Huang Renjun was talking about Jackson Wang's decision to include Na Jaemin in this transaction. Up until now, they had only interacted with Hyunjin when it came to this business partnership. Because they highly prioritized their security, it was only expected that they would be unhappy with the addition of a new face.

("Since we only saw Director Hwang up until this point... There is a Chinese saying that goes like this. If you meet someone three times, they are considered an old friend. Since this is our third meeting, we won't needlessly worry.")

The young drug dealer spoke fluent English and smiled meaningfully. At first, his words may have sounded friendly, but it was obviously a veiled warning to Hyunjin. If anything went wrong with the deal, Hyunjin would be the only one to blame.

("My organization is a strong believer in obeying the commands of the superior, so thank you for understanding.")

Hyunjin needed to reassure Huang Renjun. After specifying that the entrance of Na Jaemin wasn't his own decision but a command sent from above, Hyunjin emphasized that this wouldn't affect their business deal in any way. If Huang Renjun decided to back out now, all of their plans to apprehend them would be tossed out the window.

("Of course I understand. Why do you think I left my old organization and went off on my own?")

Huang Renjun took out a sharp cigar cutter to cut his finished cigar. The thick cigar cleanly snapped off with a cheerful click of the cutter.

("Even if the pick is in the pocket, it will always poke out.")

Watching his confident expression, Hyunjin's lips slowly stretched into a smile. As if he wanted to bring up the mood, Huang Renjun grabbed the liquor bottle engraved with dragons and filled Hyunjin's glass up to the brim.

("Here, business is business. We came out to share a drink, so let's enjoy it. I must wholeheartedly receive our guest who has come such a long way. You have a long road ahead of you tomorrow, isn't that right?") Huang Renjun said.