(29). Police!?

Ryujin's eyes burst open. Tears were running down from her eyes.

"Are you awake?"

A tired woman was sitting by her side. She got up and approached Ryujin.

"...Where am I?"

Ryujin frowned as an unfamiliar voice left her throat. When she tried to move, her whole body throbbed and ached as if she had been beaten all over. Ryujin let out a soft groan. The unfamiliar woman kept her eyes on Ryujin as she made a call.

"Shin Ryujin-ssi is awake."

Ryujin looked around with hazy eyes. Ryujin was currently in a dull room that barely had any furniture. She thought she was in a hospital when she saw the IV in her arm, but the white clothes she was wearing didn't have a hospital logo.

"Tell me. Where am I?" Ryujin looked at the unfamiliar woman and asked again.

"You're in a hotel."

The woman was wearing a short dress and had a lot of makeup on. Her flashy clothes didn't seem to match her manner of speech and facial expression, but Ryujin felt that she was telling the truth.

"What happened?"

The moment Ryujin asked this question, the door opened and a man in a suit came inside holding a briefcase. He put the briefcase on the room-service tray and began to take out medical instruments.

"How do you feel?"

The man didn't look like a doctor, but he held up an instrument to measure her blood pressure as he asked. When Ryujin didn't respond, he spoke up.

"Thankfully, the gunshot wound hit your shoulder, so it didn't wound any organs. You've had surgery, so please don't move your right arm until everything heals. Let me take a look at the wound."

The unfamiliar woman, who had been standing silently to the side, came up and began to unbutton Ryujin's clothes and lowered it to reveal one shoulder. Ryujin tilted her head and saw that her shoulder was wrapped in bandages.

"I'll change the bandages."

Whenever the man moved his hands, she felt a cold prickle of pain run through her arm, but it allowed her hazy mind to gradually clear up.

Ryujin began to go through the events that she still remembered. Before she lost consciousness, she was attending YongSung's founding party. She followed Hyunjin and eavesdropped on his conversation.

Drugs. She had overheard that they were smuggling in Philopon and had gotten caught in the process. She was just about to run away when... She saw Jackson Wang. And she shot him. At the same time, she had been shot as well. The room had gone dark and chaos ensued. She had been carried out of the building by someone, and that was all she remembered.

Click.

The man finally finished dressing her wound and wrapped it in bandages. He took out a syringe and a small, glass medicine bottle. Ryujin shook her head.

"No."

"I need to inject the antibiotics."

"How can I trust that you're going to give me antibiotics?"

Click. The door opened. Ryujin turned her head to see Hyunjin enter the room.

"If we didn't plan to treat you, we wouldn't have given you surgery in the first place."

Ryujin stared at him silently with her pale face.

"How do you feel?" Hyunjin asked her.

Ryujin continued to stare at him blankly before she pried open her dry lips.