(36). Only with me

"On the day of the founding party, I killed the bastard who shot you along with fourteen more of YongSung’s men."

Hyunjin didn’t know whether telling Ryujin this would change her mind.

At the mysterious expression on Hyunjin's face, doubt flashed across Ryujin's eyes. While she realized that it was thanks to Hyunjin she had been able to escape that situation with merely an injury, she hadn’t known that he had shot at the gangsters.

'Why did he do it? Instead of shooting off my head and ending it once and for all, why did he risk revealing his true identity and do something like that?'

"Do you still think I’m talking bullshit?"

"…Do you want to hear me thank you for saving my life?"

"I didn’t do it to receive your gratitude."

Ryujin silently listened to his languid voice and became lost in thought. Hyunjin hadn’t been able to easily kill her because he was police. Just as he had 10 years ago when he instinctively saved her due to his profession.

"But if I ask for it, will you give it?"

Hyunjin swallowed, his throat dry. His Adam’s apple moved slowly. His naked upper chest was in full view because he didn’t have a top on. Every time he took a breath, his wide, hard chest rose up and down.

He was almost acting like a predator who was observing his prey. It was as if he was trying to figure out the right time to hunt. That’s right. Whether he was police or a thug, his sexual appetite hadn’t changed.

"……"

The moment she realized this fact, Ryujin felt as if the temperature inside the room had risen. Her long eyelashes fluttered as she blinked and cast a shadow on her bare face. Ryujin raised a hand and began to undo the buttons of her white, patient gown.

"What are you doing?"

Hyunjin's low voice became even lower as it rang inside the room. Inside this large bedroom located at the top of this grand hotel, on top of the lonely bed… There was only the two of them.

"I want to pay you back for saving my life. Didn’t you just say that you wanted my gratitude?"

Once the buttons became undone, the gown began to slide off, revealing her milky breasts. Hyunjin didn’t take his eyes off her chest as he asked.

"What do you mean by this?"

"…You want it right now. There’s no need to act innocent after everything we’ve done together."

She wasn’t so naive as to misunderstand the gleam in a man’s eyes when he desired a woman. Whether he was a gangster or a policeman, it didn’t matter. The only thing that was definite in this moment was that he desired her.

"Do you think that the price of saving your life is just one round of sex?"

His voice and his breaths betrayed his arousal. He frowned at her as he chuckled.

"It doesn’t matter to me. Take it or leave it."

Ryujin raised her hand and began to fondle her breast. With moist eyes, she sent him a tempting look. Her perky nipple thrust up between her fingers.

"Don’t just rake your eyes over it. Come and touch it yourself."

"Is this how you want to repay me?"

"Yes. I don’t like living in debt, you see."

As soon as her whisper faded away, Hyunjin, who had not budged an inch all this time, slowly began to lean into her. The mattress began to sink, and the old springs began to creak.