(57). Arrested

"It's me."

"Hey, where are you right now..."

Through the receiver of the pay phone, Ryujin heard someone grab the cellphone before YongJoon could finish his sentence.

"Shin Ryujin. What's going on?"

Jaehyun called her name, his voice filled with anger. Ryujin looked off into the distance and replied in a thin voice.

"I got the goods. Where should I meet you?"

Instead of answering his question, she got straight to the point. Jaehyun answered her in a curt voice.

"The boat's ready. Come to Shekou Harbor F-34 in the Nanshan district."

"Okay. I'll be there soon."

After hearing their location, Ryujin ended the call before Jaehyun could say anything more. She stretched out her long legs and walked to a main street. She raised a hand, causing the dress to ride up her thigh. A truck stopped in front of her. The driver was a man with a bushy beard. He flashed his yellow teeth as he called out to her.

["Why, hello there, little beauty. If you're trying to get customers here, you'll be arrested very quickly..."]

The chatty driver's face darkened. He watched the gun bob as she pointed it at him. Not knowing what to do, the driver opened the truck door. As soon as he got out, Ryujin quickly got inside the truck while pointing the gun at him. Ryujin started the engine.

Vroom.

Ryujin stepped on the accelerator pedal. Her face remained blank. The truck began to speed up.

---×---

Shekou Harbor, Nanshan District,
Shenzhen. 4 AM.

The sky remained dark as if the night would never end. Fretting anxiously as he waited, Jeong Jaehyun rushed over to Ryujin as soon as he saw her.

"What about the goods?"

"Go and see for yourself."

Ryujin's narrow eyes looked down at her blackened nails as she slowly murmured. She was acting arrogant, but there was no time to discuss her behavior. Jeong Jaehyun looked over at YongJoon with a grave expression on his face. He gestured to him with his eyes. YongJoon hurriedly walked over to the truck. He opened the trailer and checked inside. His face hardened.

"Why aren't you bringing it in?"

YongJoon hesitated and didn't move. Jaehyun frowned.

"Boss, this is definitely it! There's a lot of it, too. I'll move it in before dawn."

YongJoon raised his voice. Jaehyun lit a cigarette after hearing the confirmation. YongJoon quickly got into the driver's seat and began to move the trailer truck towards the boat. Ryujin smiled bitterly as she watched YongJoon try to hide his confusion. Judging from the purple bruise on his cheek, it looked like Jaehyun had beat him quite a lot last night.

YongJoon tried to catch Ryujin's eyes through the truck window but quickly looked away so that Jaehyun wouldn't notice. Ryujin thought that YongJoon would have run straight back to Jaehyun after checking the contents of the truck. However, that cowardly punk must have felt that it would be best for him to leave the scene as soon as possible instead. Either way, Ryujin didn't think it mattered. The best moments in life were meant to be savored.

"Come and take a cigarette."

Ryujin silently received a lit cigarette from Jaehyun.

"Have another one before you leave, Ahjussi. Why are you in such a hurry?"