(10). Reporting

"Should we leave now, Director?" Waiting for his order, the driver cautiously asked.

Hyunjin's elbow was leaning on the window as his hand held his chin. He was lost in thought as he shook his head.

"Let's wait here for a while longer."

"Yes, sir. That thing you asked us to prepare has just finished."

"Give it to me."

The driver handed him a small earphone. Hyunjin put it into his ear and looked out the window as he lit a cigarette. Ryujin's perfume was still lingering inside the car. Even as the heavy smoke filled his lungs, Hyunjin felt as if her smell still lingered at the tip of his nose.

When Ryujin opened the door and entered her apartment, she almost let out a shriek. However, she managed to suppress it as she grit her teeth.

"What do you think you're doing?"

YongJoon's large body was stretched out on top of her bed. When she entered, he got up and began to pick his ears.

"Why are you coming home so late? Have you fucked Hwang Hyunjin already?" he asked, ignoring her question.

"Why are you here? Have you completely lost your mind?"

No matter how stupid he was, this was ridiculous. Ryujin quickly ran to the window and lowered the blinds. Even though it was impossible for someone to look into her apartment on the 20th floor, she couldn't be too sure.

"Take a good look at what I'm wearing. You think I'm retarded, don't you? I know better than to just walk in."

Ryujin shrugged and looked YongJoon up and down. He was wearing the uniform of a well-known pizza chain. He was also wearing a cap. Not wearing his usual suit, YongJoon did look younger. But he couldn't hide his face, which still made him look like a thug. As he reached into his pocket to take out a pack of cigarettes, YongJoon drew in a breath. It seemed that his wound from Jaehyun hadn't completely healed yet.

"Get out right now. Carefully, so that no one notices you."

Ryujin snatched his cigarette and broke it in half before tossing it into the trash bin.

"Hey, do you wanna die?"

Having lost the wind in his sails, YongJoon barked out.

"If you have nothing important to say, listen to your noona and get lost."

"Aigoo, I just might..."

He raised his hand as if he was going to hit her. However, he held back and didn't touch her. He had been expelled before he could graduate middle school and began working as an underling at Serim ever since. Even though he had made it all the way up to his position now, he was still one year younger than Ryujin.

Even though he didn't show it, he had a complex about his young age. Ryujin knew this and constantly pushed his buttons, so he wanted to give her a good, proper punch. But since he couldn't do that, he was incredibly frustrated.

"Hey, you. Why did you turn off the bug we planted? Do you know how frustrated I was all day wondering if something went wrong?"

Ryujin scoffed, taken aback.

"Do you think YongSung was born yesterday?" she replied.

"It's dangerous, so I'm telling you to wear it whenever you leave your apartment."

Ryujin walked over to the end table next to her bed and opened the drawer. She took out a ballpoint pen that served as a wireless bug. Then she fiercely threw it at YongJoon. The long pen hit his chest and fell onto the floor.