(20). Perfectionist man 🔞

⚠️🔞⚠️

Not a lot of people frequented the connecting powder room of the women's bathroom on the top floor of the department store. A young woman wearing all brand-name clothing was fixing her makeup before she exited the bathroom. Nobody was left inside the room, and only the soft piano music could be heard. Ryujin quickly took out a cellphone from her purse and quickly pressed the speed-dial button. The phone rang ten times before someone answered.

"Hello"

"Are you crazy?"

She could hear the loud sound of a television in the background when YongJoon answered the call. He answered her as he dragged out his voice.

"Is that how you start a phone call? What kind of bullshit is this?"

Ryujin bit her lips and lowered her voice to a whisper.

"Why did you appear all of a sudden two nights ago? I told you not to appear in front of me as much as possible, didn't I? Were you really trying to run me over?"

Two days had already passed since the night YongJoon had charged at Ryujin and Hyunjin with his motorcycle.

"You and Hwang Hyunjin looked so awkward, so I just added fuel to the fire. Thanks to me, you and that bastard fucked like rabbits, so what are you bitching at me for? You're pissing me off."

"I can do everything fine on my own. Why did you go and do something you weren't even ordered to do? Does Ahjussi know you're going around acting like a complete idiot?"

As Ryujin spoke sharply in utter disbelief, YongJoon began to raise his own voice.

"If Boss didn't order me to do that, why would I have done it? Don't you know that the son of a bitch almost killed me?"

"Hey, let's keep it down. We're all watching TV here, jeez."

"Fuck. Hey, you old geezer, shut your trap! Or else you're dead meat!"

YongJoon shouted threateningly. Ryujin frowned as she stood completely still.

"What did you just say?"

"I almost went to see my maker, didn't you see?!"

"I saw it very clearly. I also saw you running away with your tail between your legs. But are you serious? Did Ahjussi really order you to do that?"

One week ago, she contacted Jaehyun to give him her report, and he hadn't said anything in particular. He only ordered her to thoroughly investigate the people that Hwang Hyunjin had met with. As always, the pervert asked if she had slept with Hyunjin yet. Ryujin merely told him that she was going to take her time capturing him. He didn't say anything else about it.

'So why?'

Whenever they were carrying out a plan, it was an unspoken rule that every participant had to inform each other of what was going on. If there was even one little hiccup in the plan, it could cost someone their life, so it was very important. Ryujin's brows furrowed.

"Yeah, fuck. Thanks to you, I even got shot. I didn't want it a big fuss from the cops, so I couldn't even go to a hospital to get it checked out. I've been feeling like shit because of that. How was I know that the crazy bastard was going to shoot at me in the middle of Seoul?"

Ryujin swallowed when she heard that he had been shot. She clearly recalled the way he had looked as he pulled the trigger. If she hadn't grabbed his arm, would YongJoon have made it out alive?

"Are you badly hurt?"

At Ryujin's question, YongJoon dragged out his answer.

"It just grazed my arm."