Chapter Four:

"Jack, is this really necessary?" Jackie asked as she held her hands out in front of her as Jack led her forward from behind, his hands covering her eyes.

"You don't trust the President of the United States?" Jack asked playfully, holding her steady as she slightly stumbled over a rut.

"I don't trust you, no," Jackie teased as she suddenly felt a fence in front of her.

"Ow, feelings, Jacqueline!" Jack chuckled. "Keep your eyes closed," He added before walking away and calling something over quietly.

After a moment, Jack was behind her again and whispered, "Reach up and open your eyes."

Jackie reached up and felt the soft, velvet-like nose of an animal and she immediately opened her eyes in delight.

"Bit of Irish!" She exclaimed happily, as she began stroking her horse's muzzle. "Jack! How..."

"Doesn't matter," he interrupted as he stepped back and watched as Jackie climbed on top of the thick, wooden fence before jumping on the back of her horse, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug.

"Aw, I haven't ridden him for...it's been too long," Jackie said as she closed her eyes and just laid on her horse, Bit of Irish snorting happily as he flicked his tail.

"I figured since we're going to be here till Monday why not make use of this ranch," Jack chuckled as he smiled brightly at how happy Jackie was.

Opening her eyes, Jackie flashed him a huge smile before slowly sliding off her horse and walking back to the fence, reaching over once there, and pulling Jack to her, kissing him passionately.

"God I love you," Jackie breathed out once they broke away, her arms still wrapped around his neck.

"I love you too," Jack breathed back gazing into her eyes that were practically glowing.

With a giggle, she released him and turned back to her horse, who was now munching on some of the pale green grass near the fence.

"Lyndon told me that you can make use of any of the saddles and stuff in the stable and he already has a pen ready for him with fresh water and everything," Jack told her as he watched her kneel down and feed her horse with the grass she pulled from the ground.

"Really?" Jackie smiled rising back to her feet. "Where is he? I must thank him."

"I'll do it; you spend some time with Irish," Jack smiled before moving away from the fence, watching as Jackie kneeled back down and stroked her horse's mane as she fed him.

~*~*~*~*~

Jack was watching Jackie race around the ranch pastures, leaping over fences and rounding water barrels with ease, her hair flying in the wind just as wildly as her horse's. It was like they were one.