Chapter Thirty:

Jackie was just coming down the stairs with Caroline and John, after arriving in Hyannis and helping them get ready for sailing, when Jack came walking out of his study toward the stairs.

She immediately noticed he looked stressed but he covered it up with a smile by quickly hugging John and Caroline as they jumped the last step before racing for the door.

He watched them happily run out into the lazy sunshine just as Jackie reached the bottom of the stairs and placed a hand on his shoulder, asking softly, "Are you alright?"

Jack looked at her concerned face and quickly smiled, "Oh yeah! You ready to go?"

Jackie knew he was evading her question but decided not to pry; he would talk when he was ready.

"Yup. The weather seems nice."

Jack nodded as he walked with Jackie out the door.

Despite it being a rather chill day, it was peaceful being on the ocean, bobbing amongst the waves. Caroline and John were sitting at the bow of the sailboat laughing as the waves splashed them; they didn't seem to mind the cold.

Jackie wanted to relax as she sat with Jack at the stern, while he steered the boat when needed, but she just couldn't relax when she knew Jack wasn't relaxing; something that the sea always seemed to do.

She was about to ask him again what was bothering him but Jack spoke first,

"I'm sorry, Jackie. I just can't seem to get my mind off of things."

"What things?" she asked gently as she moved closer to him.

He steered the boat to start heading back to shore before answering, "It's about Oswald..."

Jackie found her muscles automatically tensing at that name.

"The men who attempted to kidnap us in Wisconsin, or whatever they were doing, were caught yesterday afternoon; I just got all the details when we got here. That's why I was in the Study for so long. Apparently they are part of a Pro-Castro group headed by none other than Oswald and another man who they wouldn't say. The FBI is now on the hunt for Oswald who has recently left Dallas on... "Business", so his wife says."