Twelve | I Miss, I'm Sorry.

TWELVE_______

TWELVE_______

Noelle

A nurse walked inside the recovery room later that night. Luckily, her midnight trip here was to inform me that I should be able to depart by noon tomorrow; this gave her access to unplug the heart monitor machine, which had become my worst enemy the last 24 hours, and unload the IV in my arm.

"I will leave the IV cannula in until departure. No drugs are being given anymore, but I will leave it there just incase." The blonde smiled.

"Thank you," Was all I managed to tell her.

Only fifteen minutes ran since the unplanned phone-call with Niall. I didn't know if I was really relying on his words of seeing him, but if I actually was, we were halfway there. And I only said that because my eyes couldn't stop looking at the hospital clock above me.

"Cute bear. So adorable." The nurse complimented, pointing down.

I looked down at the stuffed Build-A-Bear that sat properly in the hospital bed with me and placed it against the small stand beside me.

"Oh, thanks," I said, a bit embarrassed.

"I use to have a similar one when I was younger. Is it a build-a-bear?" She questioned.

I nodded, letting out a small laugh.

"Yes. Embarrassingly, I just got it last year. Sorry, I just never had one and a friend got it for me,"

"Oh, girl," The nurse rolled her eyes, "I don't blame you. I took my first-born to get her first build-a-bear at the mall and I think I was more excited than her in the process! Did you also name yours?" She asked.

I didn't know why I found myself having a full on conversation with a night-shift nurse, but I didn't regret it either. I haven't communicated much with someone and the positivity that came with it made me feel better.

"Yes, Luna." I smiled at the bear, remembering the vivid memory of that day.

"Mine was called Daisyloo, but I lost it once in a Wisconsin Dells trip and never heard of her again." The nurse said disappointedly.

"Well, it's never too late to get one. There's only one life." I encouraged.

I didn't know how long the nurse stood there, but it was enough to find out her name was Nurse Sid, short for Sidney, still a student that had two daughters, and pregnant with her third.

"Oh, I should really go now. I have more patients to care for tonight and here I am gossiping with another." Nurse Sid laughed.

"It's alright, you should go. I'm sure there's other patients that actually need you." I joked. "Thank you, Nurse Sid."