Sixteen | Dear Patience

SIXTEEN_______

SIXTEEN
_______

This chapter contains sexual content.

Noelle

It was a little past nine when I found my legs curl around Niall's. The sweaty intimate session from earlier turned into the most perfect, romantic birthday night when we both found ourselves fully clothed again and laid on the sofa downstairs.

"I see why you choose this cottage home." Niall chuckled, keeping his blue eyes on the television screen across him.

The night was chilly, giving the perfect opportunity to turn the fireplace on and warm ourselves under a throw blanket the home provided.

The entire setting felt fake. How was it possible that I was watching my favorite movie, in a favorite home with my favorite person? Was I really watching a movie or was I in the movie?

My smile grew at Niall's guess, "Bingo. Ever since Cameron Diaz discovered that getaway cottage...away from her problems...handsome man, and no disturbance? I was jealous."

Niall rested his hands on my knees, giving off a laugh at my honesty.

"Ah, I see. Ya know, I'm not quite a big fan of rom coms, but Jude Law was pretty good at convincing me, romantically."

I smiled.

It wasn't my intention to force Niall to re-watch The Holiday with me, especially since there was no holiday around mid-summer, but I knew there was no possible way I was going to leave this place without watching the inspiration behind it all.

"Well, thank you." I gave a small nod. "Thanks for watching it with me, Niall. It means a lot."

"M'know it does...do you, by any chance, know the time?" Niall asked out the blue. "I kinda' left my phone in da' bed and don't want to move."

I swallowed, looking up at the roman numeral clock above us and squinted, trying to read the correct timing for Niall.

"Uh, it's near ten." I answered.

I didn't expect Niall to stay this long. In general, the entire birthday trip took a 180 turn the moment he agreed to see each other. It could've been a half-day for my 21st, but it went on longer and unplanned. I didn't want it to end anymore.

"I'm sorry for keeping you long. I know the drive from London must've been far and you're jet-lagged," I sighed, "I didn't mean to break your time and,"

"Ya kickin' me out?" Niall said in gasp.

My own babbling stopped and I blinked for a second, trying to adjust on what Niall said.