Twenty Four | 1D Tickets

TWENTY FOUR________

TWENTY FOUR
________

Niall

"So, not to sound disrespectful in any way, because ya know more than I ever did...what's this deal between Edwin?" I asked.

The ride between the condo and Elle's father's house was going to be a while. I didn't want it to be awkward. Jennifer seemed like a respectful person, so I knew speaking to her wasn't going to be difficult.

Keeping her eyes on the road, Jennifer chuckled in between my question.

"Oh, please. You can ask me anything, Niall. It will help a lot with my journalist experience." She answered.

My brows rose, "Ah, yer' studying that? You'll be the people that write articles bout'—"

"About celebrities and news and all that? Yeah. So, it feels like a privilege speaking with you and giving you a ride right now." Jennifer laughed. "Coincidence?"

I smiled, "Guess so. That's really good. I hope ya interview me in the future then?" I joked.

As Jennifer reached a stop light, she set her hands on her legs and sighed.

"Also, about Edwin." She gulped. "Uh, I don't know...I mean, Elle dated him in high school. I'll say like around two years at most?"

"Jesus," I said without warning, "So, it was a while."

"Yeah, shockingly, but um, obviously, things weren't like this. Well, Edwin was always like that." Jennifer corrected.

My head couldn't process the fact that Elle was ever in a relationship with a guy like Edwin. It seemed like a joke and trying to even picture it; it was just impossible.

"A girl like Elle, with a guy like him? Ya serous?" I rose my brow. "I mean, not to sound all full of me'self, but ya know—"

Jennifer laughed, "No, I get you. I mean, don't you know Elle by now? She's really humbled and nice...like overly nice, sometimes I want to beat the hell out of her for it."

"Agreeable." I laughed. "She's very down to earth...I'm guessing, as a guy myself, Edwin took advantage of that?"

"Every advantage." Jennifer admitted. "Every. Single. Advantage. Surprise there was still much of her left."

I gulped.

"I don't really see Elle telling you about Edwin. I just don't think she'll want you to feel bad for her. I mean, she told you about the divorce, right?"

I sighed, "Yeah. She's opened up a few times, but...I dunno. I can't really say much. Ya know her more than me, I just wanted some reassurance about this kid and the danger he put out today. I hope it wasn't a reaccuring thing."