Chapter 13 - The morning

The next morning I wake up in Wes's arms. I didn't think I'd ever get back to sleep after my nightmare of Xander, but there is just something so comforting about Wes. There's just a warmth that pours out of him, emotionally and physically as he heats the bed sheets covering our bodies. Something I'd never noticed until recently. Maybe it was his bad boy facade that stopped me from being able to see it, but now that I could it was like I was seeing him in another light. When did he make this transformation? It feels like less then a week ago that he was the douche who lived in the flat above where I worked and now I'm in bed with him, living in his house. Having him save me over and over again, be it a real or imaginary threat. I lay there in bed, not wanting to wake him. I watch him as he sleeps. My eyes following the profile of his face. The way his hair falls over his eyes. I follow his sharp jawline towards his soft pink lips, then look back up to his eyes where I see him looking back at me.

I hadn't even notice when he woke up, while I was studying his features, committing them to memory. He didn't even move. But now his dark eyes pierce into mine, making me feel disconcerted as I waited for his to speak first.

'Good morning, B.' He purrs out slowly with a smirk, knowing he just caught me staring at him.

I blush, pulling the duvet over my head. Please ground, swallow me up I bed to the universe, before I then feel Wes lightly tug at the bedding, pulling it back down so he can see my face. He's still smiling when I look at him. That mocking smile that I want to reach out and touch. I wonder what it would feel like to run my finger against that lip. To touch him. For him to touch me...

'What?' I say, feeling very embarrassed, pretending I wasn't having the sort of thoughts I was having.

'Nothing. I just thought you'd want another look before I get up out of bed' he jokes, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

'I wasn't looking' I pout back at him.

'Yeah... Right' He replies, calling my bluff.

'If I was looking it's only because I was trying to work out how you get so many girls back here' I lie

'If you say so, B' he replies with a wink as he jumps up out of bed and walks out the door.

'Oh my god' I say to myself as I pull the duvet back up over my head, wanting to disappear.

After a short while Wes reappears, poking his head around the door frame.

'Did you want something to eat? I can make you a coffee?' He offers.

I pull the quilt back down from my face and gave him a weak smile. 'That would be great, thanks' I reply. 'I'll be right there'

I get up out of bed and walk around the room to the chest of draws by the far wall.

'Hey Wes, do you mind if I borrow some more clean clothes' I shout down the hall, not wanting to feel unclean.

'Yeah, go for it' he shouts back with a slight hint of humour in his voice.

With his ok I pull the draws open and grab a clean, black T-shirt. I pull the top I'm already wearing over my head and drop it to the floor, leaving me standing in his room in nothing more than a pair of his boxers as I unfold the new one.

'Did you find something?' He calls from the hallway. 'I've got some clean clothes here.' He finishes as he walks through the door with an armful of laundry.

He looks down at the bundle of clothing in his arms, pulling tops out before he realises he's just walked in on me mid outfit change. I stand there in his bedroom practically naked from the waist up, unable to move my hands up to cover my chest.

'Er' I all that I can force out of my mouth as his eyes shoot down my body, as his face turns red and his eyes widen in horror.

We both stand still, not sure what to do before Wes spins on his heels to face the other way.

'I'm so sorry' he blurts out. 'I should have knocked.' He says, speaking into the wall.

'Don't worry' I chuckle out. 'It's not like you haven't seen it before' I blush at the thought of Wes already seeing naked when he bathed me a few days ago.

'It's not the same.' he says as he places the laundry on the bed, still facing the other way before he walks out the room, leaving me to get dressed.

Why was he acting so weird? It was an accident. Its not like I'm going to think he's some sort of pervert. It's not like I'm going to compare him to Xander. He was my knight in shining armour when I needed it and for that I'll be eternally grateful. I just wonder what's going through his head. If only you could read peoples minds...