The Announcement

I woke up early, I had worked out by now Kyra doesn't wake early and usually rises around 9:30 to 10am when schedule allows. I rub the sleep out my eyes and took a sip of the glass of water on my night stand. I took a few minutes to wake up properly before doing my usual morning phone check, turning off my sleep time mode.

I blinked twice as all the notifications from social media started to come through, there were so many. I didn't have a clue why suddenly I had so many notifications, yeah of course I usually got a lot because of football fans...But this was something else.

*WhatsApp*
(33 unread messages)

Oh gosh, my WhatsApp messages had been empty when I'd headed to bed. I wonder what happened? I curiously tapped on the WhatsApp icon on my screen, opening it.

*chats*
(Manchester Massives)
(Arsenal Women)

I immediately tapped on the Manchester Massives, the group chat of mine, Lauren and Chloe's.

Chloe- Norfff Landan! LILI, LILI, LILI!!! Seriously girl you're doing us baby blues bad! 😂 Mad proud of you, traitor! Xxx

Lauren- We can't be friends, why does red look so good on you? Also that announcement vid? So full of Lili, sass. Missing you! (Yes even though you're a traitor) xx

Lili- 😂😂😂 I love you both. The vid was not my idea, though I suppose the little "North London, oh it's always red." Was mine. Rather tasty I thought.  Does this make us sworn enemies now? 😂 xx

Lauren- Absolutely does 💀. Can't wait to kick your ass on our next game together. Xxx

Lili- Bitch 😩. I'm gonna whoop both your asses. Xx

Chloe- NOOOO. We're gonna whoop yours, could never hate you Lili pops! Xxx

Lili- My phone is about to explode from notifications 😂😂 FaceTime later? Xx

I read the message that came back from the pair agreeing for FaceTime and smiled.

(One new message)
Jilly- Congratulations on the announcement. Red looks hot on you. 😍 xxxx

Lili- Jillllyyy!!  Thank you 😂 xxxx

After that I decided to check the Arsenal group, there'd be trouble if I missed something important. I opened up the chat to find that all my new team mates had welcomed me in message. I liked all their welcome messages, well all except one that came in after I'd liked the rest and come off WhatsApp. I won't let her get in my head, I promised myself not to.

I got up out of bed, to my surprise Kyra was asleep in the lounge on the sofa. I try to be quiet and not wake her, then a silly idea came into my head. Always two steps ahead of the adult child. 🤭 I eyed up our little notebook and pen station on the sideboard of the lounge, I grabbed a pen and decided to write on Kyra's face. "Lili got me" i snickered lightly and went about my business.

Today was another day of training, we have a game upcoming on the Sunday and so we have a lot of work to do. I made breakfast and ate it, it was getting later and later and Kyra still hadn't woken up. I left her for another hour before attempting to wake her up. "Kyra." I say gently shaking her shoulder. "Hmm?" She replied with her eyes still shut and snuggling up to the cushion under her. "You gotta get up. We have training." I said prodding her nose annoyingly, two can play at the game of being annoying. "Hmm Lili I'm tired!!" Kyra complained. "Why are you sleeping on our sofa?" I questioned, curiosity running through my mind. "Hm, late night. Couldn't sleep...fell asleep with the tv on." Kyra sat up slowly and stretched. "Come on love." I say gently. Kyra took a bit to come round so by the time she was awake properly and moving,  there wasn't much time to waste.