Home

I was first to arrive home, Kyra probably wouldn't be far behind me. This had been the longest week but also an enjoyable one spent with the girls.

I put my clothes in the wash and took myself to the sofa putting the tv on and scrolling through social media. There were pictures of the England game in Ireland, pictures of Katie and I talking, me in Ruesha's jersey. She looked so sad, something I hadn't noticed when we spoke. I felt bad for laughing at her when she asked me to take it off.

*Comments*
'Katie almost punched her, now they're talking... why's Lili laughing? Katie looks so sad.'

'Something's going on, I know it'

'The tension between these two😣 I wanna know why they hate each other so much'

'Oh Katie, she's in your ex's jersey🤯'

'Lili?! Girl what are you doing?'

I sigh, so Ruesha is Katie's ex... it all makes sense now. I didn't know, I still don't understand her want for me to take off Ruesha's jersey though. She's just a player to me, one amongst the rest, I don't even know her.  I scroll on, there's a picture of Katie, Millie and Rachel. My human wall. I decide against reading the comments on that. Instead I pull up Katie's name on WhatsApp.

Lili-: "I didn't know Ruesha was your ex. I'm sorry for laughing in your face over the jersey..."

Fave Irish-: "well now you do 🤷🏻‍♀️"

Lili-: "all I can say is sorry for last nights events of the game. I haven't stopped thinking about it. I hate all this animosity"

Fave Irish-: "🫠 yeah? You know I wouldn't have punched you right?"

Lili:- "actually no... I honestly thought I'd be walking away either one tooth less or a black eye. You get so angry... again I shouldn't have pushed you to it.'

Fave Irish:- "you drive me mad...I'd never forgive myself if I had. 🙁 isn't Kyra home yet?"

Lili-: "No not yet. Sorry I make you angry. I'll stay away from now on. 😔"

Fave Irish-: "please don't."
Fave Irish-: "we need to sort some bonding time, maybe this is why we're at each other's throats all the time. We stopped bonding and it shows."
Fave Irish-: "talk to me..." (read)

What I did next, I hadn't planned. I tapped on the video icon by her name, I FaceTimed her. I waited a couple of minutes, it rang out. I decided to leave it, feeling stupid for even considering a FaceTime. Maybe she was fine with texting and texting only. I cause her anger, every time. It's me, I'm the problem... it's me. I got up to make a coffee, as I stood my phone rang. I looked down at my phone "fave Irish" I grabbed my phone and tapped answer, Katie appeared on the screen, she looked like she'd been crying.  "McCabe... what happened?" I asked, taking in her appearance, her eyes were puffy. Katie shrugged. "I'm fine." She half smiled. "Yeah, you really look it." I say, concern laced in my voice. Katie sighed. "I haven't slept...I couldn't." I frowned. "Why? What's happened to you!?" I sit back down on the sofa staring at the screen, at Katie. "I said I'm fine" she snapped. "Oh.. should I go?" I look everywhere but at her. "No..." Katie rubs her face, her knuckles were red.

"Did you fight McCabe? Your knuckles look sore..." I sigh. Katie flipped the camera, a punchbag came in sight. "Oh...sorting your anger out? Is it working?" I ask "not really no." Katie turned the camera back to her. "Put a picture of me on it. That should do the trick." I try to make light of it, laughing lightly. "Nah, why would you say that? I don't want to punch you." Katie frowns, her facial expression tinged with sadness. "Caitlin will be home soon, maybe talking to her will help... or whatever else you want to do..." I try to help. "Yeah... Caitlin, coz she's the answer to everything. You don't get it do you?" Katie scoffs. "What?" I asked confused.