Manchester

I was on the train to Manchester by 6pm, Lauren and Chloe weren't expecting me till tomorrow so I text Jill.

*messages*
Lili- can I stay at yours tonight please? Xxxx

Jill- sure. I thought you weren't coming till tomorrow? Let me know when you're off the train I'll pick you up. Xxxx

Lili- thanks Jill. Xxxx

I'd left a note on the sideboard for Kyra, I wasn't sure if she was even my friend anymore, I didn't expect her to care about me or what I was doing. The note wasn't anything much just -

Kyra, gone to Manchester. Back Sunday. X

I'd been on the train about an hour before I saw Kyra's name come up on my phone, she was calling. I debated watching it as it rang out, however if she was calling then she must want to talk. "Kyra." I say into the phone as I answered. "You left? Lils you left me a stupid note. I thought you were home and then you wasn't home..." she said, I couldn't decide if she was angry or relieved to hear my voice. "Yeah, today was a shit show. I needed to go. I get it, you know...if I've ruined our friendship. All training session she was in my ear making me feel like shit. I thought at least if she hit me it'd just all go away. I made a show of myself and what's worse is I now have to pair with her the rest of the season, not only that, Jonas told us we had to spend time together off the pitch."

"Lili, shut up for one second. You haven't ruined our friendship. What's more, you haven't ruined any friendships, the girls were about to ask if you were ok, but you left. We went quiet because we thought you might say something, you never did. I was late home but not because of you. I wish I'd come home sooner now, because..." Kyra stoped. "Because what?" I push gently. My tone deflated. "Because now you're gone all of Friday too. I wanted to spend time with you." Kyra sighs. "I'm sorry. I can't come back now I'm half way to Manchester, look I will spend time with you Sunday if you still want to. I won't be offended if something better comes up, you go for it girl." I say. "It won't, we're having Sunday together. Make sure you get a return ticket or I'll come there and get you myself." Kyra huffs. "I will, I promise. Look go and have a nice weekend, I'm sure Mini and Harper would love to see you." "Don't ignore me all weekend will you? I want you back in London in one piece on Sunday, ready for some us time." "Kyra..." "Yeah?" "I miss you." I frown, I'd been so quick to assume I'd fucked every friendship up and I hadn't. I'd let my emotions control me. "I miss you so much." Kyra replied. We say our goodbyes and then we both hung up.

Talking to Kyra had made me feel a bit better, I wish I hadn't let my brain take over and I hadn't acted so impulsively, by getting the next train to Manchester. However I'm on it now and in a couple of hours I will be back in Manchester. I let out a gentle sigh and put my earphones in.

*Lili's playlist*
Gayle- ABCDEFU
"When I had nothing to say, you couldn't take it. Told everyone I was a bitch so I became it"

Olivia Rodrigo- good 4 u
"You're so unaffected, I really don't get it, but I guess good for you."

Jhene aiko- B.s
"Back up on my bullshit, back up on the scene, done dealing with you don't know how to deal with me."

Further into my journey my song choices became a lot happier.

I was now much closer to Manchester, I texted Jill to tell her I was 2 stops away. I needed this weekend, I needed to be with friends, let my hair down and be happy. I continue to listen to music for a short while before it was my stop.

"Lili!" I hear as I scan for Jill on the platform, I turn and see her immediately fast walking till I reached her and gave her a tight hug. With the events of today, a Jill hug was definitely needed. "Come on, let's get you home." Jill said once we separated from the hug, I follow her to the car.