Date Afternoon

It'd been two weeks since our Manchester game, we were now back into training and focusing on getting ready for our upcoming international break games. Katie was still acting distant, though during training remained civil towards me. I don't know what's wrong with her, but I guess whatever it is she's figuring it out. In the last two weeks we haven't met up for a 'bonding' session, in fairness none of us even mentioned it. Maybe she'd been busy, maybe she'd given up on it since we act civil on the pitch now. Who knows?

We did our usual warm ups and group games, not even a single comment made. That's a first, I thought. Katie McCabe silent? Is this girl poorly. We continue to get on with training doing a bib on bib game before our water break. On water break Kyra and I took the opportunity to pull some pranks, we'd been a little too good lately. We replaced some the ice with some fake ice cubes with flies and spiders in them and put them in the ice bag and gave it to Steph who needed to ice a minor injury from training, the poor girl screamed and tried to run in fear almost causing her ankle injury to be worse than it already was. "Girls!" Kim frowns. I chuckled cheekily as Kyra smirked. "We're just helping you Steph." Kyra sighed. "Idiots... the both of you. Idiots." She pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs. "Take a seat?" I encourage, slipping a whoopy cushion under her as she takes a seat. It makes a fart noise. "Oh your injury has spread. Do you need the toilet?" I try not to laugh, Kyra is already gone and is clutching her tummy laughing. "Kimmmm." Steph calls out as Kim looks over at us. "Kyra, Lili. Come away and leave poor Steph alone." She says firmly.

Well, Mother Kim has spoken. We come away, who could we target next? Unfortunately break was over before we had chance to do anything more. "We should do something this afternoon, a little date afternoon." Kyra suggested. "Hmm, that'd be nice babe." I smiled. We walk hand in hand as we rejoin the group. "See you later." I smile. "See ya." Kyra gave me a lingering kiss, somewhat catching me off guard, we never usually kiss during training... I go over to Katie she seems bothered by something. "You good?" I ask. "Hmm." She replied. Here we go again with the not talking and acting all guarded, whatever. I'm not even gonna push it, if she wants to talk she will talk. I stretch out feeling a slight cramp in my hamstring, I look up and Kyra's staring, a smile plastered on her face. I smirk and contemplate giving her a little show, since she wants to stare at me. I bend over, purposely sticking my bum out, my shorts tight around my bum. I bet she's loving this. Even though I was trying to tease Kyra, the stretch actually helped. I stand back up and Kyra was blushing, yep. She loved it. When I looked up Katie was also stating. "Cramp." I say and carry on with what we were supposed to be doing.

At the end of our training session I helped the assistant coaches tidy the equipment. It's not something I normally do but today I felt like it. To my surprise Katie helps too, this girl is full of surprises at the moment. Most of our team had left the pitch, it was only Katie, Kyra and I on the pitch now. "Burns, is this afternoon good?" Katie asked as we put the remaining balls into the ball bag. "This afternoon? What's this afternoon?" I asked. "Bonding... you know it's still a requirement right... we're not the end of season yet." Katie stated, her hands on her hips as she spoke.

"No, actually I have plans with Kyra." I placed a ball in the bag. "Break them off." Katie replied bluntly. "Absolutely... not." I scoff. "You have to." Katie shoots back. "Look we haven't bonded in weeks, we have international break coming up." I shrug. "So? It was your turn to choose and you didn't. I was waiting on you." Katie frowns in frustration. "Look I don't know what's going on with you and your head...I've made plans. You've had all session to talk to me, yet you chose to keep quiet. That's on you." I state calmly. "It's Jonas's request, are you really going against his request? Burns you have to, or are you going to tell him and he'll likely put you on the bench instead of playing you." I stare at her blankly. "Are you for real? Whatever this is it's a you problem, not me. Life's been busy, if you didn't already know. I'm not breaking plans, if you wanna go running to Jonas, do it." I sigh.