Mini/ Coffee

I decided to give up on sleep around 4am, my back hurt and I was sure in the next hour Harper would probably be awake. I get up and put the sofa, back to a sofa from a sofa bed. I go to the kitchen and flick the kettle on. Coffee, I need coffee.

I made myself coffee and sat on the sofa, partly waiting for a sign of Kyra or Harper coming down. I pull out my phone and open WhatsApp, tapping on Katie's contact.

*WhatsApp*
To 'McCabe'-: I'm thinking Coffee, somewhere?  Whenever is best availability for you.

To Lili- Why the hell are you awake at 4am?! Coffee, lunch time? Throw in food.

To 'McCabe'- slept on the sofa so Harper and Kyra could have my bed 🤷🏻‍♀️.

To Lili- Best not be grumpy when I pick you up. 🙄

To McCabe- I won't. Why are you awake?

To Lili- Some idiot woke me up.🖕🏼

I roll my eyes at Katie's reply, classic Katie. I pocket my phone as I hear footsteps on the stairs, shortly followed by a small voice. "Liwwy! You not sweep in bed!" Her little hands on her hips as she frowns. "Good morning Harper." I laugh at her little attitude. Harper runs over and gives me a hug. "Where's kywa?" I ask her softly as she hugs me. "She sweeping" Harper puts her hand to her mouth in thought. "Come on then, let's get you something to watch." I suggest. Harper climbed up next to me, getting comfortable as I put one of her kids programs on. She seems happy enough, I slowly drink my coffee as she watches her program.

I decided on having another coffee a bit later, coffee would definitely be my clutch today. I can't complain though, Harper slept through the night. That's all that matters. I make Harper some toast with jam and bring it for her to eat. "Here you go little one." I smile as I pass her, her plate of toast. "Thank you." Harper replied and tucked into her toast. Kyra eventually decided to join us, she had a wide smile on her face.

"Morning, sleep well?" I asked. "Hmm wonderful. Thanks for sorting Harper." Kyra kissed my forehead. "I was awake, she's too cute to ignore." I smile. "Um... so." Kyra rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. "What's wrong?" I frown. "No, I mean... nothings wrong. Mini wants to meet you." Kyra smiled. "Jesus don't scare me like that. I thought you were gonna tell me my bed was broke or something." I half laugh. "Not yet anyway..." Kyra smiles, receiving a gentle back hander from me. "There is a child here..." I scold. Kyra laughs. "But yes I'll meet Mini, when is she coming?" I asked. "About 10:30ish." Kyra stated. "Ok, cool. I'll tidy up then." I say looking around at our surroundings that had been thoroughly Harper-ed. "No rush baby." Kyra plonks herself down and takes my coffee cup off me, taking a drink from it. I open my mouth in shock. "Oh you're choosing to live on the edge today?" I raised my brow. "Make your own." I laughed

Most of the morning was spent tidying and doing all the things Harper wanted to do. Whatever she wanted, we allowed (within reason). The doorbell went off at exactly 10:30. "I'll go." Kyra suggests as she leaves me colouring with Harper. When Mini came in Harper ran straight to her with a big cuddle. "Mumma!" She grins, she talks so fast trying to tell Mini everything she'd done with Kyra and I. Including about how Kyra broke the bed. As innocent as Harper was, we had to clarify it was from her and Kyra jumping on the bed, effectively snapping the wooden slats below the mattress.

"Hi, I'm Lili." I reach out to shake Mini's hand. "Do you not do hugs?" She laughs making me feel a bit less nervous. "I do, I didn't want to assume." I blushed, dropping my hand as Mini pulls me into a hug. "Can I make you coffee?" I ask. "That would be lovely." Mini smiles as she holds a cuddly Harper on her hip, she'd clearly missed her Mummy. I go off to make coffee and then the 3 of us sat and chat as Harper went to play. Mini was actually really nice, it was clear that she cared about Kyra. Kyra obviously thought the world of the woman too.