4.7

During the meal, it was revealed that Hazel's mother was dating Johnny. Hazel already knew about the relationship, but it was shocking news for Miguel. His reaction was a mix of surprise and confusion, and the atmosphere grew even more awkward.

Hazel, feeling increasingly uncomfortable, struggled to sit through the dinner. The cheerful chatter around the table felt like a stark contrast to her own emotions. She felt like an outsider, unable to share in the happiness that seemed to envelop the others.

Eventually, Hazel found an excuse to leave the house. She couldn't bear to watch everyone else being happy while she felt so out of place. As she stepped outside, she took a deep breath, hoping to clear her mind and escape the suffocating atmosphere inside.

-

Hazel sought out the one person she knew she could rely on: Robby. They sat together on a park bench, chatting about the day, when something struck her. "Robby, can I talk to you for a sec?"

Robby turned to face her, noticing the urgency in her voice. "Sure, what's on your mind?"

"It's about Cobra Kai," Hazel began, her voice tense with worry.

Robby nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "What about it?"

"I don't know, Robby. Everything feels so messed up lately," Hazel admitted, her brow furrowing in frustration. "With Kreese in charge and all the drama with Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang, it's like we're in the middle of a war."

Robby nodded sympathetically, his eyes reflecting a similar concern. "I get what you mean. But remember, we don't want to be the victims anymore."

"Yeah, you're right. Also now..." Hazel hesitated, feeling a lump form in her throat.

"What is it?" Robby asked, noticing her hesitation.

Taking a deep breath, Hazel continued, "Now my mom is dating your father."

Robby's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Wait, what?"

Hazel nodded solemnly. "Yeah, it's true. They've been seeing each other for a while now."

Robby processed the information, his mind racing. "Wow, that's... unexpected."

"You're telling me," Hazel said, feeling a mix of embarrassment and frustration.

Robby placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. Maybe this could be a good thing. He can finally have the family he always wanted..." Robby whispered the last part.

Hazel looked at Robby, sadness in her eyes. "Hey, look at me," she said, making him meet her gaze. "Anyone would be happy to have you as family. Besides, we're technically family now. Step-siblings."

Robby smiled, a hint of hope in his eyes. "Yeah, I guess we are."

They sat in silence for a moment, both absorbing the new reality. The park around them seemed to blur, the sounds of children playing and birds chirping fading into the background as they focused on each other.

"You know," Robby began, breaking the silence, "it might be weird at first, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Maybe having a bigger family could be good for both of us."

Hazel nodded slowly. "I hope so. It's just... so much is changing all at once. With everything going on with Cobra Kai and now this, it's hard to keep up."

Robby squeezed her shoulder gently. "I get it. But we can get through this together. We're stronger than we think."

Hazel gave him a small smile. "Thanks, Robby. It means a lot to hear that. I just... I don't know what's going to happen next."

Robby looked out over the park, deep in thought. "Well, whatever happens, we've got each other's backs. No matter what."

"Yeah," Hazel agreed, feeling a bit of her anxiety lift. "No matter what."

They stood up from the bench, ready to face the challenges ahead. As they walked side by side, Hazel felt a renewed sense of determination. They might be caught in the middle of a battle with Cobra Kai, and their families might be blending in unexpected ways, but she knew she wasn't alone.

"Hey, you wanna grab a bite to eat?" Robby suggested, trying to lighten the mood.

Hazel laughed softly. "Sure, why not? I could use a distraction."

They headed towards a nearby diner, their spirits a bit higher. As they walked, Robby threw his arm around Hazel's shoulders, a gesture of camaraderie and newfound sibling bond.

"Here's to surviving the madness," Robby said with a grin.

"And to figuring it all out together," Hazel added, smiling back.

Together, they faced the future, uncertain but ready to take it on as a team.