4.10

The tension in the arena was palpable as they waited for Miguel to return, but the minute ticked by without him reappearing. The final match was set: Eli against Robby. Hazel felt a knot in her stomach as she noticed Silver's intense gaze fixed on her. She looked down, avoiding his eyes. He didn't need her to say it; he knew.

Silver turned his attention to Robby, giving him some last-minute advice. The fight began with Robby quickly landing the first point, delivering a solid punch to Eli's stomach. "Let's go, baby!" he exclaimed, his voice echoing in the arena. Hazel clapped, her emotions conflicted. She would be happy and sad regardless of who won or lost.

Eli called for a timeout. Hazel watched him closely, unable to hear what he said, but she assumed it was about Robby knowing all his moves. When Eli returned to the mat, he switched gears, attacking with a ferocity reminiscent of his Cobra Kai days, but this time in a controlled and strategic way. Robby was on the defensive now, struggling to keep up.

Both fighters jumped, and Eli managed to land a powerful kick on Robby, earning a point. Hazel couldn't bring herself to clap this time, but she was immensely proud. The next point took longer to decide. Both Eli and Robby attacked and defended with equal intensity, neither giving an inch. Eli managed to put Robby on the ground, but the time was up.

"Unbelievable! These two amazing competitors have reached their three-minute time limit in a one-one tie! Which means their championship match will be decided, for the first time since 1985, by sudden-death overtime! Let's go!"

The referee's voice boomed through the arena, "Go to your senseis."

Hazel watched as Eli walked over to his sensei. He looked focused, his determination shining through despite the exhaustion. Robby did the same, his eyes burning with the same fierce determination. The senseis gave their final words of encouragement, their faces a mix of pride and anticipation.

Robby took off the top of his gi, revealing his muscular build and the determination etched on his face. Eli looked momentarily confused, glancing at the referee for guidance. The referee shrugged, signaling that it was permissible. Without hesitation, Eli removed his top as well, exposing his prominent hawk tattoo across his back.

The crowd murmured with excitement and anticipation. Hazel watched from the sidelines, her emotions a whirlwind. She could see the raw intensity in Eli's eyes as he faced Robby once more, now both of them stripped down to their bare essentials, ready to give everything they had.

The fighters squared off, their bodies glistening with sweat, muscles taut and ready. The referee signaled for the match to resume.

"Begin!"

Eli and Robby moved with precision and speed, their strikes and blocks almost a blur to the spectators. Every muscle in their bodies was engaged, every ounce of their training coming to bear in this final, decisive moment. The energy in the arena was electric, the crowd hanging on every move.

Eli moved with a confidence that Hazel hadn't seen in a long time. His strikes were sharp, his defense impenetrable. Robby was equally formidable, countering each of Eli's moves with skill and precision. The crowd was silent, the tension almost unbearable.

Then, in a split second, Eli found an opening. He executed a perfect kick, catching Robby off guard and sending him to the mat. The referee's whistle blew, signaling the end of the match.

"Point! Winner: Eli Moskowitz!"

The crowd erupted in cheers. Hazel's heart soared as she watched Eli stand victorious, a look of disbelief and triumph on his face.
He took the trophy then growled looking at the crowd. He looked at Hazel and smirked.