Chapter Thirty Four- Little Surprise

34. Little Surprise
.
.
.

                                ><><><

"How do you like my little surprise?" Giulia asked overly excited as she pulled me in for a hug.

"It–it is something," I said when we separated from the hug, chuckling nervously at the end, why don't you just confess about what had happened in the bedroom with her brother. My brain scolded.

Her eyes narrowed at me, and I immediately broke out in a cold sweat, this was it, Giulia was most definitely suspected me, and I feared that even if asks me what was wrong, I would not be able to lie to her.

"Giovanni informed me you were feeling better and you just needed rest, he even stopped me from calling to check on you which is strange though...but you still look pale Emily," Giulia said and I almost choked on air.

Giovanni did that. Was he planning on building suspicion in Giulia's mind? Why don't just spill the entire beans then and ruin my friendship with his sister, he already did that with Laura so it would not be too hard this time around as well.

"Let's just go rest, I need it as well," she added as she pulled me up the stairs. We made it back to our room and thankfully Giovanni was already gone and I released a sigh of relief.

We were both on our beds but Giulia had made it her mission to spill every detail about her trip back to college, while I was trying to keep up, I was still tensed, my mind was filled with thoughts of almost getting just few minutes ago.

Maybe I should just come clean to Giulia, maybe she might understand that I had literally being seduced by her brother, you were the one that intentionally kissed him when he was leaving, my mind reminded. I waved the thought away, maybe I had not been totally seduced but I was seduced regardless. Would Giulia actually understand me, the look of disgust she gives to Laura would most likely be passed down to me.

I should have just let Giovanni walk away at that time but I had been too foolish to realize that there were too much things at stake. I would be the bad guy, the one that will break Stefano's heart, the one that would ruin the relationship with my best friend and the one that might actually turn siblings against each other.

"Are you even listening?" I hear Giulia's voice echo through my ear drums returning my focus back to the present.

"Yeah," I sheepishly responded.

"I wonder what you are thinking about in that pretty head of yours..., or rather whom?" She teased.

I almost choked on air again but I was able to give myself in check.

She burst out laughing "You are turning red Millie. I see Stefano has really been in your thoughts, we met up a couple of times over there, he can't wait to see you again. Young love so beautiful," she squealed happily.

I gave her a smile, while on the inside I felt the compulsion to just spill everything out.

"I heard Alessandro came to keep you company that was really thoughtful of him," she said switching the topic which I was eternally grateful for.

"Yeah, he did. Matteo came by as well, although he came to confirm if you really left without informing him. Giulia, you really need to talk to him, maybe you are misunderstanding everything."

"Am I?" She gave me a stern look and I gave her a firm nod. She groaned.

"You should have seen him the day he came here, he looked really hurt, I even thought he would have gone after you," I reasoned with her.