Chapter Forty One- The Date (2)

41. The Date (2)
.
.
.

                                 ><><><

Giovanni's face lit up with a smile. "Excellent, I'll make all the arrangements. Just make sure you are ready in an hour". He gave my hand a gentle squeeze before getting up from the table.

I waited for Giulia to walk out the house door with Matteo before I made my way upstairs to fix myself up for the date.

There was no theme to go with so I know that dressing up will be a dilemma. If only I had Giulia to help me.

And you would get caught. My mind reminded.

There wasn't much time left, it had taken thirty minutes to wait for Giulia and Giovanni was no where to be seen when I walked Giulia to the door.

I wondered what he was planning. Was it really possible to set up a proper date in less than an hour ?

I sighed, I just have to get ready and to go with Giovanni's flow, I guess.

I had constantly reminded myself to take up a minor course in make up. I tried my best, it wasn't the best but it was decent enough. I did not look like a clown at least.

I sighed again as I exited the bathroom, there  was a black dress and a black low platform slippers lying on the bed to a surprise and note attached to it.

'You would look beautiful in it, if you decide to wear it.

Love Giovanni'

I carefully admired the dress laid out on the bed, a small smile tugging at my lips as I read Giovanni's note. The black chiffon fabric looked soft and flowing, the simple but elegant design perfectly suited to the occasion.

Quickly, I slipped into the dress, the material cascading gracefully over my body. As I smoothed my hands down the sides, I couldn't help but feel a flutter of excitement. The date was really going to happen and it felt unreal at the same time.

I walked back into the bathroom to get a good look of the dress on me, and I looked really good. Giovanni had a beautiful taste.

I smiled at my reflection before exiting my the bathroom. Slid into the slippers, which felt incredibly comfortable. He was prioritizing my comfort, he might be a gentleman after all.

I exited the room. Giovanni was waiting by the bottom of the stairs. He was wearing black suit tailored perfectly for him.

"You look beautiful, thanking you for wearing the dress," he said smiling brightly.

"Thank you," I responded, I was starting to feel a bit nervous about the entire date thing.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his forehead creased with worry, he can see that I am nervous

"Yeah," I muttered and exhaled lowly.

He surprises me by enclosing my hand, he gave me a smile before he led us out of the house. It felt like we were already a couple and we have been doing this for the longest time.

If Giulia were to see us now, hell would have broken loose.

*****

We were currently driving and Giovanni had not given me a clue as to where we were going to for the date .

The drive was peaceful,there was a soft music playing in the background. I stole a glance at Giovanni, who was focused on the road ahead, a content expression on his face.