Jack and Jill... went for a kill

---

Zack and Emil sat under the beautiful night sky on the grass in their yard, whispering to each other. It was a bit cold and the night was peaceful save for the chirping of crickets.

“Aunty Maeve said we shouldn't sing the rhymes after eleven! She said bad things will happen to us. Really!,” Emil, the gentle and obedient twin said to her ten year old brother.

“Oh come on!” He scoffed and dragged the book of nursery rhymes from his sister's hand and got up.

“Be quiet!” Emily whispered sharply and glanced around fearfully. “If Mom or dad or aunt or anyone finds out that we're awake by this time were in big trouble so shut your big mouth.”

Zack stuck his tongue out at her and began to flip through the pages of the nursery rhyme book.

His sister kept glancing around and shifting from one foot to the other.

“Found it.”

She walked over to stand by him and peered into the book, struggling to see in the dark night that was only lit by the moonlight.

“Jack and Jill?” she asked wearily.

“Yeah, why not? Even if they were real, which they aren't, they can't do anything bad... What would they do, throw us into the well?” he finished with a short laugh then paused. “Okay that was a bad example. Anyways–"

“Okay, fine, just go ahead and read it so we can go back inside. It's getting cold.” She wrapped her arms around herself to warm up, looking like she just wanted to go inside.

“Alright. Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water,” Zack began. “Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after.”

They both held their breath as they waited for something to happen. After about a minute of waiting, they released their breaths.

“See, it's fake.”

Zack looked both disappointed and relieved as they began to walk back to their house through the back door.

But they didn't get to the door.

In the darkness, two children that looked almost exactly their age were creeping towards them.

Once they got to them, they put their hands over their mouth to cover their screams and tied their struggling bodies up, dragging them away as soon as they were secure.

Jack and Jill, the two kids from the old nursery rhyme dragged them down to the well in the middle of the village.

Their pail sat there ominously beside the well. The pail that came tumbling down with Jill...but tumbling down to where exactly?

Most people believed that Jill tumbled down the hill and laughed happily as she did. It was believed to be a fun and playful song but little did they know that Jill tumbled down the well…after Jack who broke the ‘crown’ of his skull as he landed at the bottom of the well. Not a royal toy crown.

Anyways, when the two sets of children had reached the well, the evil two, Jack and Jill began immediately began to push the kids into the well.

They screamed and struggled and cried but it seemed like no one could hear them. And finally they were thrown into the well.

They landed on top of some other…people. Lifeless people, they noticed.

Emil was shaking and the words barely escaped her mouth as she spoke to her brother.

“Th-they’re d-dead ch-children,” she stuttered through tears.

Zack couldn't even speak. He looked like he was about to pass out. There were indeed dead children around their age littered on the ground. children who probably sang the rhyme past eleven.

Suddenly the ground began to flood with water from nowhere. The kids realized that if they weren't out of the well in time, they will drown.

But there was nowhere to go. No one to help them. They tried screaming for help but no one came.

They cried and trembled as the water rise up to their ankles, knees, thighs, waist, shoulders, neck and finally their heads.

They struggled and tried to jump but they couldn't escape it. They held their breath until they couldn't hold it anymore and then...they drowned in the well. Their bodies began to sink and soon, they joined the other children sprawled lifelessly on the floor of the well.

Almost immediately, all the water dried up and the two children, Jack and Jill fell down back into the well. Their bodies lay still on the floor waiting patiently for their next victims.

---
First, yes I finally killed my characters. Second, nursery rhymes are EvIl!!!!!!
....hope you like the whole idea 😅