Chapter 21

I heard a clink and looked up and saw Beth unlocking my door.

"Can I come out now?" I asked sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"No. Not yet. I'm just here to help you."
Beth said smiling opening her bag she brought.

"Help me with what?" I eyed her.

"To get ready." She squealed. And pulled out my brush that Maggie borrowed.

"For what?"

"I can't tell you. I'm not supposed to be doing this. So shh! Just let me do my magic." Beth said and pulled my hair out of its pony tail.

Beth brushed it and braided it to the side. She pulled out an outfit for me to wear and some makeup.

"Hell no. I ain't putting on makeup." I said backing away and holding Judith in front of me as a shield.

"Come on. Only a little bit!" Beth whined.

"Fine." I grunted. I sat down and Beth put a little but of mascara and a nude eyeshadow on me and some lipgloss.

"I hate this!" I huffed. The outfit Beth picked out for me wasn't that bad. It was a floral flowy tank top and another pair of dark jeans. While I changed I made Beth stand in the corner and put on my jacket quickly before she saw me. Only Hershel has seen my arms. I put on my combat boots and put my knife in my boot. I put the sheath on my belt and put my bigger knife in it.

"Badass." Beth said.

"Thanks." I chuckled. Beth packed up the rest of her stuff and was about to walk out when Maggie walked in.

"Okay. Enid. Let's go... Beth! What did I say!" Maggie scolded Beth.

"Let's go you two." I grabbed both of their arms and went downstairs. I let go and walked into the cafeteria for lunch. What was in there surprised me.

It was all cleaned up, candles everywhere, and Carl stood in the middle wearing a flannel and his hat holding a bouquet of field flowers. He stared at me with an open mouth.

"Oh my gosh. Grimes. You seriously did it." I said walking up to him.

"Yep. And here. I took Michonnes M&M's for your chocolate." Carl said handing me the M&M's. I looked at Michonne who was just laughing.

"Enid. I've already asked Daryl and Merle. Well my dad did cause your brothers are scarier than anyone else so. Well they said ok. So would. You. Be my. Girlfriend?" Carl asked me handing me the flowers.

I bent forwards and whispered in his ear.

"First. Get on both knees and close your eyes and beg."

"Enid!" Carl whined.

"Ew nothing like that. Just do it."

"Fine." Carl did as I told him and everyone stared at us.

"Ok. Carl. Only if I get the hat." I said and grabbed his hat before he opened his eyes and ran. As Carl chased me around the room Michonne put her foot out and tripped me. I laughed as I hit the floor and Carl sat on me taking his hat.

"Not until your in the club." Carl said. But didn't move from sitting on me.

"Hey cowboy. Wanna get off." I said.

"Hmm. Nope!"

"Let me rephrase. Get off me. Now!" I smacked him trying to push him off of me.

"Not until you answer." Carl poked my nose making me scrunch my face.