Chapter 18: Unveiling Deception

After Aari returned from her business trip, her unease persisted, especially since Sebastian's unusual behavior on his birthday. Despite his request to be left alone and his insistence on spending the evening with his friend Kevin, she couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't right.

Determined to reconnect and dispel her doubts, Aari planned a surprise for Sebastian's belated birthday celebration. She meticulously arranged a cake, chocolates, and a thoughtful gift to be delivered to his home on the evening of June 15th. When she called him, Sebastian preempted her surprise, admitting he was out with Kevin and didn't want any celebration. He even offered to stay on a video call all night to prove his whereabouts, which only heightened Aari's suspicions.

Undeterred, Aari sent her gifts and wished him a happy birthday at midnight, receiving a sleepy acknowledgment in return. But even after this, her doubts lingered, prompting her to send more gifts the next day.

Several days passed with Aari feeling restless, until Sebastian unexpectedly called, suggesting they meet before his family dinner. She agreed, hoping to reconnect and ease her doubts. When they met, their reunion was passionate, but as things heated up, Sebastian attempted to record their intimacy. Aari hesitated, uncomfortable with the idea, but Sebastian persuaded her with puppy-dog eyes and a plea that it was just for him on his birthday.

After their encounter, Sebastian dropped her home, leaving Aari conflicted yet again. Four days later, Sebastian sought to make amends, urging her to take a leave from work for a staycation. Aari, torn between caution and desire, agreed, dressing provocatively in a low-neck top, tight jeans that hugged her curves, and white sneakers that accentuated her allure.

When Sebastian arrived, he exuded casual charm in a fitted shirt that accentuated his muscular physique and jeans that emphasized his strong legs. He swept Aari off her feet with a tight embrace, his kiss hungry and possessive, as if he couldn't get enough of her.

They drove into the night, the tension palpable. Sebastian's hand ventured boldly up her thigh, his touch igniting a fire within her. Aari couldn't contain her moan of pleasure, prompting Sebastian to pull over. He knelt before her, teasing and tasting her with a hunger that mirrored her own desire.

Their journey continued with each pit stop fueling their passion further. Finally, when they reached their cozy room, they couldn't resist each other any longer. Clothes were shed hastily, their bodies coming together in a frenzy of desire and need. Sebastian explored her with a fervor that left Aari breathless, each touch and kiss pushing them closer to the edge of ecstasy.

Their night was a whirlwind of raw passion and uninhibited pleasure, each moment a testament to their intense connection. In Sebastian's arms, Aari found temporary solace from her doubts, hoping that their fiery union would finally dispel the shadows of uncertainty that plagued her mind.

After their passionate night together, Aari and Sebastian indulged in room service and a movie, enjoying each other's company in the quiet of their hotel room. Hours passed in a tranquil bubble, shielding them momentarily from the unresolved tensions simmering beneath the surface. As morning approached, Sebastian abruptly shattered the peaceful atmosphere.

Sebastian: (tentatively) Aari, can we go home? I have an urgent meeting tomorrow.

Aari: (surprised) What? We've barely had time to relax. Why do we need to leave so soon?

Sebastian: (hesitating) There's something I need to talk to you about. It's about Dubai. I have an opportunity there and... I want you to come with me.

Aari: (taken aback) Dubai? Sebastian, I... I can't just drop everything here. My work, my life... It's all here.

Sebastian: (pleading) I know it's sudden, but think about it. We could start fresh there, together.

Their discussion quickly escalated into a heated argument, emotions running high as they grappled with conflicting desires and practicalities.

Aari: (frustrated) Start fresh? Sebastian, this is my career we're talking about! You can't expect me to make such a huge decision overnight.

Sebastian: (defensive) I thought you'd want to be with me. I want us to be together, no matter where.

Aari: (firmly) It's not that simple, Sebastian. I need time to think about this.

Their voices echoed in the hotel room, tension thickening the air. Eventually, they checked out, the unresolved conversation weighing heavily on both of them. As they drove back, Aari's migraine returned with a vengeance, intensified by the emotional turmoil.

Sebastian: (apologetic) Aari, please talk to me. I hate seeing you like this. I'm sorry if I pushed too hard.

Aari: (grimacing) Sebastian, I... I don't want to say anything I'll regret later. Just give me some time to process everything.

Sebastian: (frustrated) I can't stand this silence. Hit me if you need to, but don't shut me out like this.

Aari: (quietly) Please, just... let's be quiet for a while.

The drive continued in strained silence until they reached a restaurant. Aari, still reeling from their argument, ordered something light to calm her nerves and ease her migraine, her frustration palpable.

Aari: (sighing) Okay, Sebastian. I forgive you, but please, let's not have this kind of conversation again.

Sebastian nodded solemnly, regret etched on his face as he handed Aari her migraine medication. Gradually, her headache subsided, allowing her to breathe easier. Seeking a distraction from their tumultuous day, Aari started comparing the cameras on their phones, playfully pointing out the differences in photo quality.

Aari: (teasingly) Look at this, Sebastian. My phone captures much better details than yours. Let me take a few more pictures.

Sebastian, unaware that his gallery was unlocked, handed over his phone. As Aari scrolled through the photos, her heart sank at what she discovered—pictures of Sebastian with his ex-girlfriend in a hotel room on his birthday.

Aari: (stunned) Sebastian, what... what is this?

Sebastian: (caught off guard) Aari, I... I can explain.

Their evening took an unexpected turn as Aari grappled with the shock of what she had uncovered, unsure of how to confront Sebastian or what it meant for their relationship moving forward.