Chapter 74: Devil's Deception

Theo's grip tightened on Aari, his eyes gleaming with dark satisfaction. "Welcome to the family, babygirl," he whispered, his voice a chilling blend of affection and menace. "Soon, you'll be mine. Forever."

He paused, his expression shifting from menacing to almost amused as he looked at the bewildered faces around him. "Okay, okay, guys. I thought you'd be smarter, like me, but never mind. Seeing your blank faces, I can tell you still don't understand. So, just for you—story time."

Theo's voice took on a mocking tone as he began to explain, pacing slightly as he continued. "Twenty days ago, dear old Dad told me something rather interesting. Apparently, I'm Nikol's twin brother. And if I want to take over the Russo empire, there's a catch—I have to get married first." He glanced at Aari, his eyes narrowing with twisted satisfaction. "And not just to anyone. The marriage has to be with our dad's best friend's daughter. Now, that best friend, he's the owner of a bunch of airlines. And who is this daughter, you might ask? None other than our dear Aari here."

Aari's breath caught in her throat as she listened, the pieces of the puzzle falling into place in a way she never imagined. Theo's grin widened as he saw the realization dawn on her face.

"You see, Aari," he continued, his voice dripping with condescension, "you were adopted by your Aunt Mrs Aarison after your mother's demise. You have no idea who your real father is because you grew up with your aunt, completely unaware of the truth. But now, the truth is staring you in the face."

Theo's gaze shifted to Nikol, who was struggling against his restraints, fury and confusion battling in his eyes. "Nikol here," Theo said, almost conversationally, "has no clue about his twin brother. Why? Because he stopped keeping tabs on our dad, just because mother asked him in her last letter. He spent his childhood in London, far away from all this, with our mother, who was the daughter of a famous business tycoon."

Theo's tone grew darker as he recalled the conversation with their father. "Dad, Mr. Russo, the great Russian mafia boss, called me to inform me about all this. He told me that according to his will, I have to marry his friend's daughter— you, Aari—to claim the throne. An arranged marriage, but one that's essential for my ascension."

He leaned closer to Aari, his voice dropping to a dangerous whisper. "And then he told me about you, Nikol—my twin brother. He said that if our mother hadn't taken separate paths after that unfortunate incident, our family would have been different."

Theo's eyes flickered with a mix of anger and nostalgia as he recounted the past. "They were on vacation, our parents and the Astor family—your birth parents, Aari. Our mothers were best friends. They wanted a safe environment for the kids, but that day, everything went wrong. There was a shootout. Your mother, Aari, saved us all—me, Nikol, and you, though you were just an infant then. But she died trying to protect us."

He glanced at Nikol, a bitter smile playing on his lips. "Our fathers came back from hunting just in time to kill the shooters, but by then, it was too late. Mrs. Astor's last words to our mother were a promise to keep all the kids safe, especially her daughter. She wanted you to be sent to her sister, Mrs. Aarison, where you could live a peaceful life, away from all this madness. And after that day, our mother couldn't take it anymore. They had a fight, and she left, taking Nikol with her and asking our father to never keep tabs on them. She held onto Nikol, and I was left behind."

Theo's voice softened slightly as he spoke of his encounter with his father's manager. "Later, I met with Dad's manager. He handed me a picture—your picture, Aari. And in that moment, my heart ached. I saw you, my love, and I knew what I had to do. I smiled and said, 'I'll bring my queen back to where she belongs—next to her king.'"

He paused, his eyes darkening again. "And then I told the manager to find out everything he could about my twin brother as well. After all, I couldn't let him stand in the way of what's mine."

Theo's grip on Aari tightened, his eyes gleaming with twisted affection as he whispered, "And now, my queen, the pieces are all in place. It's time for you to take your rightful place—by my side. Forever."

Theo's twisted grin grew as he surveyed the room, his eyes filled with a cold amusement. "I'd love to hug my brother," he said with a mock sigh, "but, you know, duty calls. Dad's waiting for me, and unlike you, Nikol, I have an empire to run." He smirked, adding with a casual wave of his hand, "Oh, and please, do make it to my wedding. Dad would be thrilled to see you. It'll be a grand affair."

Theo's tone shifted to one of dark humor as he continued, his eyes flicking over to Aari, who was still tied and helpless. "I would love to chit-chat some more, but I think my babygirl must be tired." He leaned in closer to Nikol, his voice dropping to a menacing whisper. "Seeing her tied up like this just makes my imagination run wild." He ran a hand through his hair, as if savoring the thought, before turning his attention back to Aari.

"Get up," he ordered, his voice sharp and commanding.

Aari, defiant and angry, shook her head. "I won't, Fuck you" she replied, her voice steady despite the fear gnawing at her.

Theo's expression hardened as he quickly closed the distance between them, grabbing Aari forcefully in his arms. "You will," he hissed, pulling her close as he began to drag her out of the room. His grip was firm, leaving no room for resistance as he hauled her away, a twisted smile playing on his lips.

As they left, Nikol's vision blurred, his body growing heavier as the effects of the injection finally overtook him. The room spun, and he slumped in the chair, unconscious.

Moments later, the door burst open again, and Aiden rushed in, quickly assessing the situation. He moved swiftly to Nikol's side, shaking him awake. "Nikol! Nikol, wake up!" Aiden's voice was urgent as he worked to untie Nikol from the chair.

Nikol groaned, slowly coming to his senses, the fog of the injection still clouding his mind. "Aiden..." he muttered, his voice weak.

"We need to get you out of here," Aiden said firmly, his hands working quickly to free Nikol. "Rose is safe now; we've got her. But we need to move."

With Aiden's help, Nikol staggered to his feet, his mind still reeling from everything that had happened. He cast one last look at the door through which Theo had disappeared with Aari, his heart pounding with a mixture of fury and dread.

"We'll get her back," Aiden promised, his voice steely. "But we need to get you out of here first. Let's go."

Nikol, his strength returning, nodded grimly. "Let's finish this," he said, determination hardening in his voice as they made their escape.