Chapter 59: Fire and Ice

Aari couldn't take her eyes off Nikol. He was drenched and shirtless, the firelight casting shadows over his well-defined muscles and the tattoos that covered his arms. She felt a strange warmth spreading through her, a mix of the fire and something more.

Suddenly, her stomach growled. She rummaged through her bag and found a packet of exclusive edition dark chocolate that her best friend, Rose, had given her. Trying to divert her mind, she opened it and started eating.

"Want some?" she offered, holding out the packet to Nikol.

"No thanks, I'm good," he replied in his thick British accent.

"Chill, I'm not poisoning you. Though I really want to, but today you helped me. So, as a thank you gesture, just accept and eat it."

Reluctantly, Nikol took a piece and ate it. Almost immediately, he noticed something was off. "These taste different. What's in them?"

"I don't know," Aari shrugged. "They're a limited edition. My best friend Rose gifted them to me."

Silence fell between them, punctuated only by the crackling of the fire. Aari's eyes wandered to Nikol's full tattoo sleeves, their intricate designs hypnotizing her. As the chocolate's effects began to hit, she felt a wave of intoxication. She blinked, noticing that Nikol's arm was bleeding again from his earlier wound.

"Nikol, your arm is bleeding again," she said, moving closer to him.

"It's fine, just a scratch," he dismissed her concern.

Ignoring him, Aari reached for his shirt. As she did, Nikol noticed her white blouse was drenched and becoming increasingly transparent. His jaw tightened.

"You better sit down right now," he almost shouted, trying to maintain control over his feelings.

"I'll in a while," Aari insisted, moving closer still. "I was just trying to tie this on your arm."

She lost her balance, her injured ankle giving way, and fell into Nikol's arms. For a moment, they were frozen, their faces inches apart.

"Ms. Arison, what's wrong with you?" Nikol asked, his voice strained.

Aari looked up at him, her eyes hazy from the intoxicating chocolate. "Your arm, Nikol. Let me help you."

"Just stay put," Nikol growled, trying to push her away. "I don't need your help."

But Aari didn't back down. She lifted his shirt, intending to tie it around his arm. Her closeness, the warmth of her body against his, was driving him insane.

"You need to stop," Nikol said, his voice shaking with restraint. "Don't come close to me again."

Aari, emboldened by the intoxication, pressed her fingers against his chest. "Why, Nikol? Afraid you might lose control?"

His eyes darkened, and he grabbed her wrist, pulling her hand away from his chest. "You don't know what you're doing, Aari."

"Maybe I do," she whispered, leaning in closer.

Nikol's grip tightened, and he leaned down, their faces just inches apart. "I'm warning you, Ms. Arison. Don't push me."

"Or what?" she challenged, her breath warm against his lips.

Nikol's self-control snapped. He snapped and pushed her away, his eyes blazing. "Or I'll do something we'll both regret."

Aari stumbled back, her ankle throbbing in pain. "I hate you, Nikol. You're nothing but a control freak robot."

"And you're a reckless, infuriating woman," Nikol shot back, his voice laced with anger and something else—something darker, more primal.

"Fine," Aari spat, turning away from him. "Just stay away from me."