Chapter 54: The Dangerous Game- II

The fifth spin landed on Aari again. "Truth or dare?" Nikol asked, his voice regaining its edge.

"Dare," Aari said, her defiance returning.

Nikol's eyes gleamed with satisfaction. "I dare you to dance with me again," he said, standing up and extending his hand.

Aari's mind raced with conflicting emotions as Nikol's hands moved over her, guiding her in the dance. Every touch felt like a violation, a reminder of his control over her. She gritted her teeth, her jaw clenched with resentment as he pulled her closer, his grip firm and unyielding.

"You're insufferable," she hissed through clenched teeth, her voice barely audible over the music.

Nik's lips curved into a knowing smirk, his eyes gleaming with amusement. "Oh, am I?" he taunted softly, his breath warm against her ear.

Aari's fists clenched at her sides, her nails digging into her palms. "I hate you," she spat out, her words laced with venom.

Nik's grip tightened slightly, his touch teasingly possessive. "Do you?" he murmured, his voice low and husky. "You have a funny way of showing it."

Aari's heart pounded in frustration, her body burning with anger and an inexplicable heat that she despised. Every move, every touch only seemed to fuel the fire within her, tightening the knot of resentment and desire.

As the dance continued, Nik's movements became more deliberate, more provocative. His hand slid lower down her back, his touch lingering just long enough to make her pulse race. He leaned in, his lips brushing against her earlobe. "Tell me you hate this Missy," he whispered, his tone daring.

Aari's breath caught in her throat, torn between defiance and an undeniable response to his proximity. "I hate you," she repeated, her voice wavering slightly.

Nik chuckled softly, the sound sending a shiver down her spine. "Liar," he murmured, his lips grazing her neck in a deliberate caress.

Aari's eyes narrowed, frustration boiling over. "Stop," she demanded, her voice trembling with suppressed emotion.

Nik's smirk widened, his touch lingering provocatively. "Or what?" he challenged, his gaze locking with hers. "You're enjoying this as much as I am."

Aari's cheeks flushed with anger and embarrassment, her hands trembling with the urge to push him away. She hated the way he could read her so easily, see through her defenses and exploit her weaknesses. Yet, a part of her couldn't deny the thrill of the dance, the dangerous allure of his touch.

As the music reached its crescendo, Nik spun her around, pulling her close once more. His lips brushed against hers in a teasing kiss, his eyes locking with hers in a silent challenge. "Admit it," he whispered, his voice a seductive murmur. "You can't resist me."

Aari's chest heaved with conflicting emotions, her mind a whirlwind of anger, desire, and frustration. She pushed against his chest, trying to create some distance between them. "I hate you," she repeated vehemently, her voice trembling.

Nik's grin was wolfish, his gaze unwavering. "Keep telling yourself that," he taunted softly, his hands still possessively gripping her waist.

Aari cursed under her breath, the intensity of her feelings overwhelming. She hated how he could manipulate her emotions, how he could turn her defiance into something that felt dangerously close to desire. But with each teasing touch, each provocative word, she found herself drawn deeper into his web, unable to break free.

As the song ended, Nik released her reluctantly, his eyes still locked with hers in a silent challenge. "Until next time, Missy," he murmured, his voice a promise and a threat.