Chapter 55: Into the Lion's Den

Nikol entered the briefing room in his mansion, the lavish surroundings contrasting sharply with the tension in the air. Aaron was already there, lounging in one of the plush chairs, a smirk playing on his lips. As soon as he saw Nikol's bandaged arm, he let out a low whistle.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up," Aaron drawled, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "And what's this? Did the big bad Nikol Russo get bested by a mere girl? Did she hit you with her purse first?"

Nikol rolled his eyes but couldn't help a small smile. "Very funny, Aaron. You know it's not like that."

Aaron leaned forward, his grin widening. "Oh, come on, Nik. You show up bleeding, with a piece of a girl's top wrapped around your arm. You expect me not to laugh? What happened? Did she challenge you to a duel and you forgot your sword?"

Nikol chuckled, shaking his head. "Something like that. She was... spirited."

Aaron's laughter filled the room. "Spirited, huh? Sounds like she handed you your ass on a silver platter. I bet she didn't even break a sweat."

Nikol shook his head, still smiling. "You're enjoying this way too much."

Aaron's eyes gleamed with mischief. "How could I not? The infamous Nikol Russo, brought down by a girl with a knife. What's next? Are you going to tell me she tied you up and left you for the maid to find?"

Nikol snorted. "Don't give her any ideas."

Aaron burst out laughing again. "I like her already. She might be the one to finally keep you in line."

Nikol's expression grew more serious, though the amusement lingered in his eyes. "You might be right. But that's exactly the problem. Getting close to her puts her at risk."

Aaron's laughter faded, replaced by a more somber look. "Nik, you need to stay focused. Dimitri's plans have changed. He's planning something big and dangerous. We can't afford distractions."

Nikol nodded, his mind snapping back to the present. "I know. What's the intel?"

Aaron's expression hardened. "Dmitri's teaming up with a few other mafia heads. He's targeting key locations, aiming to destabilize the entire region. This isn't just a power move. He's accelerating his timeline, which means we have less time to stop him."

Nikol sighed, the weight of the situation pressing down on him. "Damn it. He knows something we don't."

Aaron leaned back, his tone lighter but still serious. "Well, if you're not too busy playing '50 Shades of Russo,' maybe you can focus on the mission. And get that arm looked at, will you? I don't want you passing out from blood loss in the middle of a briefing."

Nikol laughed, despite the gravity of the situation. "Fine, I'll get it checked. And I'll stay away from Aari. For now."

Aaron's grin returned. "Good. Now, let's figure out how to take Dimitri down. And maybe next time, leave the roughhousing to the professionals."

Nikol shook his head, amused. "You're never going to let me live this down, are you?"

Aaron grinned. "Not a chance, buddy. Not a chance."

Nikol pulled out his phone and dialed his manager. "Hey, I need you to set up a meeting with Aari. We need to discuss the project specifics."

"Got it, Mr Russo," his manager replied. "I'll get in touch with Ms Arison right away."

Nikol hung up and turned back to Aaron, who was still grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Alright, let's get down to business. We've got a lot of work to do."