Chapter 26: Enchanted by Brown Eyes

"Hi," he greeted with a charming smile, his accent adding to his allure.

"Hi," Aari replied, her curiosity piqued despite herself.

They struck up a conversation on the short ride down, the Italian man introducing himself as Riccardo. He exuded a confident yet approachable demeanor, and Aari found herself enjoying their easy banter. When he casually asked if she'd like to join him for a walk later, Aari hesitated for a moment before agreeing, telling herself it was just for company.

They exchanged numbers before parting ways in the lobby, and Aari couldn't deny the small spark of excitement she felt. Riccardo's invitation for a walk seemed innocent enough, and she reasoned that having a friend in a foreign city wouldn't hurt.

Later that morning, Riccardo arrived dressed impeccably in a stylish suit that complemented his curly hair and movie-star appearance. Aari couldn't help but notice how effortlessly charming he looked as he greeted her with a warm hug.

"Ready for our walk?" he asked with a smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

Aari nodded, feeling a rush of anticipation mixed with nerves. They strolled through the bustling streets, engaging in light-hearted conversation. Riccardo complimented her on her style and the color of her eyes, causing Aari to blush despite herself.

They found a quiet spot to sit, and as they chatted, Riccardo casually mentioned Pier 7—a multi-story dining destination overlooking the marina.

"Have you been to Pier 7?" Riccardo inquired, genuinely interested.

Aari shook her head. "No, I haven't. What's it like?"

"Well," Riccardo explained, "each floor offers a different dining experience. It's quite popular, especially for its stunning views."

Aari considered his suggestion, realizing that spending time with Riccardo was unexpectedly enjoyable. She hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "Sure, let's go. It sounds intriguing."

Riccardo smiled, his eyes lighting up. "Great! You won't be disappointed."

As they made their way to Pier 7, Aari found herself appreciating Riccardo's company more than she had anticipated. His easy charm and genuine interest in her thoughts and feelings were a stark contrast to Seb's recent absences.

At Pier 7, they explored the various floors, each offering a unique ambiance and culinary delights. Aari enjoyed the change of pace, savoring the opportunity to experience something new with someone who seemed genuinely interested in her well-being.

Throughout the evening, Riccardo continued to be attentive and engaging, making Aari feel valued and appreciated in a way she hadn't felt in a long time. As they walked back to the hotel, she found herself smiling genuinely, grateful for the unexpected turn of events.

When Riccardo suggested meeting again for drinks the next evening, Aari hesitated. "Actually, a walk would be fine," she replied, wanting to keep things light and uncomplicated.

Riccardo nodded understandingly, his smile unwavering. "Of course. Whatever you're comfortable with."

As they said goodbye at the hotel entrance, Aari couldn't deny the warmth she felt toward Riccardo. He had provided a much-needed distraction and a reminder that she deserved to be treated with kindness and respect.

Entering her hotel room, Aari reflected on the day with a renewed sense of optimism. She realized that while Seb's behavior had disappointed her, she didn't have to let it define her experience in Dubai.Riccardo's unexpected presence had shown her that there were other possibilities and people who could appreciate her for who she was.