Chapter 39:The Boiler Room Mission

The next day arrived with an air of anticipation. Nikol was up early, meticulously planning for the Boiler Room event. The mission was clear: blend in, observe, and identify any suspicious activities or individuals. Aiden, on the other hand, was brimming with excitement, both for the event and the prospect of finally dragging Nikol into a social setting.

As they prepared, Aiden couldn't resist teasing Nikol about the upcoming party. "So, Nik, you ready to have some fun? Maybe even dance a little?"

Nikol shot him a deadpan look. "I don't dance, Aiden."

Aiden laughed, shaking his head. "We'll see about that. Maybe you'll meet someone who can change your mind."

Nikol ignored the comment, focusing instead on the practicalities of the mission. He dressed in dark jeans and a black t-shirt, pairing them with a sleek leather jacket that concealed his tactical gear. His hair was styled just right to look casual yet effortlessly cool. Meanwhile, Aiden chose a more laid-back outfit: a graphic tee, ripped jeans, and a bomber jacket.

As they headed to the garage, Aiden eyed Nikol's car collection. "So, which baby are we taking today?"

Nikol tossed him a set of keys. "The Mustang. But remember, if you scratch her, I'll kill you."

Aiden grinned, catching the keys. "Got it, boss."

The drive to Woodbine Beach was filled with Aiden's chatter about the latest music trends, his excitement barely contained. Nikol, on the other hand, remained silent, his mind already working through the potential scenarios they might face at the event.

Upon arrival, the beach was already buzzing with activity. The Boiler Room event was a mix of music, art installations, and an eclectic crowd of people. It was the perfect place to gather intel without drawing attention. Aiden handed Nikol a wristband. "Here you go, VIP access. Try to have a little fun, will you?"

Nikol sighed, securing the wristband. "Let's just get this over with."

As they entered the venue, the pulsating beat of electronic music greeted them. The crowd was a sea of movement, with people dancing, chatting, and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere. Nikol and Aiden made their way to the VIP section, where they had a clear view of the entire event.

Aiden scanned the crowd, then checked his phone. His expression changed to one of disappointment. "Nik, the target's not coming."

Nikol's eyes narrowed. "You've got to be fucking kidding me, Aiden. All this, for nothing?"

Aiden grinned sheepishly. "Well, it's still my birthday. The least you can do is enjoy it with me."

Nikol sighed, rubbing his temples. "Fine, but just for you."

As they settled into the event, Aiden couldn't resist teasing Nikol. "Hey, look at those girls over there. They can't take their eyes off you."

Nikol glanced over and saw a group of girls whispering and giggling while stealing glances at him. "Not interested."

Aiden smirked. "Come on, Nik. You're a free agent. Maybe they'll change your mind about love."

Nikol shook his head. "Just drop it, Aiden."

Aiden laughed. "Alright, I'll go mingle. Be right back."

As Aiden went off to talk to a girl, Nikol decided to take a stroll. He grabbed a drink from the bar and walked along the beach, the music and laughter fading into the background. The cool night air and rhythmic sound of the waves provided a brief respite from his usual high-intensity life.

When he returned, Aiden was waiting with a mischievous grin and a girl by his side. "Nik, I got us some crazy stuff," he whispered, showing four molly pills in his hand.

Nikol raised an eyebrow, his British accent adding a layer of incredulity. "You've got to be fucking kidding me, Aiden."

Aiden made a cute face. "Yes, princess. Just for tonight. Get laid, man. You're acting as if you're on your periods. Why so grumpy always?"

Nikol sighed. "Don't tell me you're already high on something."

Aiden nodded enthusiastically. "Yep. Come on, live a little!"

Nikol shook his head. "We'll talk about this tomorrow."

Aiden laughed and pulled Nikol towards a group of girls. "Come on, dance with us."

Nikol reluctantly joined in, sipping his drink as he tried to blend into the party atmosphere. After a while, he decided to get a bottle of water for Aiden. He walked to the bar, ordered the water, and as he waited, he noticed a girl sitting beneath a tree, gazing up at the sky.

Her innocence caught his attention. She seemed lost in her thoughts, a stark contrast to the lively crowd around them. Nikol found himself inexplicably drawn to her, wondering what had captivated her so completely. His moves were like a predator eyeing its prey, slow and calculated.

He had never seen anyone quite like her. There was something about her that he couldn't take his eyes off of. The way she carried herself, the serene smile that played on her lips—it did something to him, something primal and possessive. He watched as she helped a random drunk person, her kindness radiating through the chaotic environment. How could she entertain any random person with such grace?

As he watched, the way she smiled did something to him, and he couldn't control himself from staring. Her neck looked so sexy and fragile; he found himself imagining his hands around it, knowing he could crush it with a mere touch. She was like a delicate doll he could play with, yet so easily broken.

His attention was suddenly diverted when he saw the drunk girl start touching her. A surge of possessiveness washed over him. He felt an urge to go over there and tell that girl to fuck off, an irrational but powerful sense of ownership over the girl beneath the tree.

Nikol took a step forward, his jaw clenched. He couldn't understand why he felt such a strong pull toward her, but he knew he had to get closer. This girl, whoever she was, had sparked something inside him that he hadn't felt in a long time—if ever.