Chapter 13 : Whispers in the Dark

As the heat of their kisses began to subside, Sebastian and Aari found themselves sitting in the car, breathless and flushed with desire. The intensity of the moment had left them both wanting more, but they knew they had to keep things in check, at least for now.

Sebastian gently caressed Aari's cheek, his eyes filled with a mix of tenderness and desire. "Do you want to keep things casual?" he whispered, his voice husky with emotion. "I enjoy being with you, Aari. Let's take it as it comes."

Aari gazed into his eyes, her heart racing with a mix of attraction and relief. She hadn't been looking for anything serious, and it was a relief to hear him echo her sentiments.

"I think that's a good idea," she replied softly, a smile playing on her lips. "Let's enjoy each other's company without any labels or expectations."

Sebastian nodded, a genuine smile spreading across his face. "I like that idea," he admitted, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Just us, enjoying each other."

Their moment together, filled with unspoken understanding and mutual agreement, lingered in the air. Sebastian pulled her closer, pressing a tender kiss to her lips.

"Let's make tonight about us," he suggested softly. "No pressure, no complications. Just enjoying this."

Aari nodded, feeling a sense of relief and excitement in his words. They shared a lingering embrace, both silently reveling in the anticipation of the evening ahead.

He smiled warmly, pressing another kiss to her forehead before starting the car and driving her home. Their ride was filled with comfortable silence, the tension between them palpable yet relaxed.

When they arrived at Aari's house, Sebastian walked her to the door. They shared a lingering kiss, the promise of a connection without expectations hanging in the air. As Aari watched him drive away, she felt a sense of contentment and anticipation for what lay ahead.

The next morning, Aari woke up with a smile on her face. She replayed the events of the previous night in her mind, her heart fluttering with joy.

The day flew by in a blur of contentment, and soon it was time for Aari to get ready for her casual evening with Sebastian. She took a relaxing shower, letting the warm water wash away any lingering nerves. Afterward, she chose a striking outfit for the night: a sleek black mini skirt that hugged her curves just right, paired with a backless top that dipped low to reveal her collarbone tattoo. Her loose curls cascaded down her shoulders, adding to her effortlessly sexy look.

As she descended the stairs, Alex was waiting for her at the breakfast table, his eyebrows shooting up in surprise as he took in her appearance. "Well, well, well," he remarked, a teasing grin spreading across his face. "Someone's out to turn heads tonight."

Aari grinned, a hint of blush on her cheeks. "Just keeping it casual," she replied nonchalantly.

Alex chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "Casual, huh? If this is casual, I can't wait to see what you wear for a night out."

Aari rolled her eyes playfully. "Thanks, Alex. I think."

Just then, Sebastian's car pulled up outside. He stepped out, his eyes lighting up as he saw Aari descending the stairs. He looked relaxed yet handsome in jeans and a sweater, his smile warm and genuine as he approached her.

"You look amazing," he said softly, taking her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you," she replied, feeling her cheeks warm with a blush.

Alex cleared his throat, stepping forward with a playful smirk. "Alright, Sebastian, remember what we talked about. Treat her right or deal with me."

Sebastian chuckled, nodding in agreement. "You have my word, Alex."