Chapter 70: Intimate Realms

Nikol was in his room, meticulously adjusting his cufflinks and straightening his tuxedo. The room was filled with the soft hum of classical music playing in the background. Aiden walked in, his usual smirk on his face.

"Mr. Russo, going for the tux tonight, I see. I thought you'd be sticking with the basics for a change," Aiden teased, his tone light.

Nikol shot him a sharp glance, his patience wearing thin. "Aiden, I'm getting dressed. Get out. I need to finish up."

Aiden chuckled and walked out, his voice echoing down the hallway. "Alright, alright. Don't let me keep you from your tuxedo and your... lady."

Nikol, now alone, completed his preparations with practiced efficiency. Despite his irritation with Aiden's light-hearted jabs, he had a single goal in mind: tonight was about Aari.

Arriving at Aari's house, Nikol found himself faced with one of his least favorite things—ringing the doorbell and waiting. He grumbled under his breath, preferring the ease of slipping in through a less conventional entrance. 

Aari was in the kitchen, her hands busy with last-minute preparations for dinner. The sudden sound of footstep made her jump. She turned and saw Nikol standing there with a bottle of the most expensive wine and a bouquet of flowers, she nearly let out a startled scream. Relief washed over her as she recognized him.

"Jesus, Nikol! How did you get in?" she asked, her voice a mix of relief and frustration.

Nikol smirked, stepping inside. "Baby, get used to it. I've got skills."

Aari shook her head, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. But still, like a gentleman, just ring the damn bell and ask for permission. And I'm not ready yet. The food's not even prepared."

Nikol moved closer, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. You don't need to get ready."

Aari tilted her head slightly, her tone playful. "Look, Mr. Proper, you're always so... Mr. British. Maybe tone it down a bit."

Nikol whispered against her neck, his breath warm and ticklish. "Not for you," he murmured, his lips brushing her skin.

Aari shivered slightly but managed to keep her composure. "Alright, get ready. I'll cook," Nikol said, removing his blazer and heading towards the kitchen.

Aari went to change, slipping into a black satin kimono that fell gracefully around her, revealing a lace bra and matching panties underneath. The outfit was both seductive and elegant, with the sheer satin highlighting her curves. As she walked into the kitchen, she noticed Nikol's gaze lingering on her, his eyes dark with appreciation. She also noticed something else: Nikol was now shirtless.

"Why did you take your shirt off?" Aari asked, a playful glint in her eyes. "Not that I mind. I like you more like this."

Nikol looked at her, his expression a mix of amusement and mild annoyance. "It's so hot in here," he complained.

Aari laughed, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Oh, poor Nikol. Looking like a shirtless runway model must be such a burden."

Nikol rolled his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips. "Very funny."

Aari smirked, stepping closer to him. "Apart from being a business tycoon, looking like a runway model, and being an ex-FBI agent, now you're cooking like a chef too?"

Aari grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck. She pressed a quick kiss to his lips before stepping back. "Alright, Mr. Chef, what's on the menu?"

Nikol smiled, his irritation melting away. "Something special, just for you."